:) Songs to cover on the drums?

Drummer777uk

Hi everybody! :)

Im new to this website, and i was wondering weather anyone could perhaps help me out and list a few easy songs to cover, (prefurably rock and newer songs) as i am thinking of making my first drum cover, and i have only been drumming a few months now..

thank you, and look forward to the replys :)

hmm you should try:
Big Women by G.B.H.
Astro Zombies by Misfits
War Dogs by G.B.H.
Sidekick by Rancid

These songs are pretty easy for a beginner i think. When i bearly started drumming these are some of the first songs i learned.

Pretty much any AC DC, Greenday, or Red Hot Chili Peppers songs

Also a good rock band that isn't very well known is Kings X, very good band with some pretty easy songs

Definitely any newer Chili Peppers is a solid place to start. I recommend the tune "Dani California." You don't have to learn it beat for beat, but it's constant rhythm and familiar tune should make it a little easier to master. Also, Nirvana is a good place to start for a beginner.

Tush, ZZ Top, you can mix it up by doing a shuffle on the Hi-Hat
Ok it's not a Rock song, but Billie Gene by Michael Jackson, easy to play but hard to make it groove.

Thinking of some of my bands newer easier covers..Probably the easiest drum song ever 7 nation Army by White Stripes... Killers- somebody told me... 3 days Grace-The good Life.... Shinedown- Sound of Madness Ractoeners- Steady as she goes..Nickelback- Rockstar or if you want a little double bass Animals Just about anything from Judas Priest is fairly easy
Easy songs I've played in other bands Eric Clapton -Cocaine(you can make this easy or really spice it up if you like)... Stepenwolf -Born to be wild (these are older of course) most ZZ top as mentioned..played in an Aerosmith cover band and most of there songs are fairly easy to play... on drums that is

One of the first songs I played along to was Our Lips are Sealed by the Go-Gos.

You could start with almost anything by AC/DC, Bon Jovi or Aerosmith. I'm a self-taught drummer and i basically started learning to play songs when i went out and bought the Aerosmith "Big Ones" cd. The songs are simple but fun to play, especially for beggining drummers.

You might also try looking into some Stone Temple Pilots, Motley Crue and Guns & Roses tunes. Drum wise alot of their songs are easy to learn as well. Good luck!

Back