Refinished Drum. BY ME!

Joey182

Silver Member
I recently refinished this drum for a friend, free of charge.
We were both very happy with the results and I gave it to him at church.
To do the hardware, I stripped the chrome and sprayed it in (blue chrome) spray paint.
I painted the drums black and cut out pieces of paper and did white lines.
I then put a Remo coated Ambassador on top, and a Remo clear Ambassador on bottom.
What do you guys at DW think?

Attachments

• customtomcaleb.jpg
    customtomcaleb.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 305
Intresting design. Wouldn't be my choice of color though, but it looks pretty good overall. Are you going to do the rest of the kit?

Intresting design. Wouldn't be my choice of color though, but it looks pretty good overall. Are you going to do the rest of the kit?

No, it was really something I found in a dumpster and bought legs, heads, and paint for. He uses it as a table with a piece of glass on top, and it looks awesome.
He wanted something funky and "out there", So I gave him this.
Any more feedback?

No, it was really something I found in a dumpster and bought legs, heads, and paint for. He uses it as a table with a piece of glass on top, and it looks awesome.
He wanted something funky and "out there", So I gave him this.
Any more feedback?

Cool...I've always wanted a drum table too. I might have to give this a whirl myself. :)

I painted the drums black and cut out pieces of paper and did white lines.

Please clarify - is the paper what makes up the white lines, or you used paper as a template to spray white lines on the drum?

Interesting, do you have a pic of the finished table? Here's a set that I refinished.. Peace Jeremy http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70969

No, I will take one next time I go to his studio. Rarely unfortunately.
The glass is a light blue tint, so it matches the hardware perfectly.
Truly is cool looking (especially in his funky "chill" area.) Its covered in stripes, splatters, and funky colored things.
I'm happy with it!
PS. I saw that setup, and I must say WOW! Where did you get that wood finish? I really like it!

Last edited:
Back