Vinny Appice

Yopps

So how come big brother Carmine gets 2 threads and little Vinny zero?

VinnieAppicecol.jpg

Stuff he's done:

Derringer
AXIS
Black Sabbath
Dio
WWIII

Probably other things too but I can't remeber them now.

He's never used double bass for some reason, but oh my god does he have a fast foot.

I LOVE the way he does his single stroke rolls.

He's a very dynamic player any one who has listened to Holy Diver will know this, especially on "Straight Through The Heart". Also people should check out his solo at the end of Warpigs on the "LiveeviL" live album from Black Sabbath.

Needs some discussion.

Good highlight!

Vinny's work with Heaven & Hell is great and outstanding too. Listen to "The Devil Cried". I like the song "Don't Talk To Strangers" a lot of nice fills by Vinny.

Hi,

I just interviewed Vinny Appice. I go over his work with John Lennon, Rick Derringer, Black Sabbath, Dio and his most current band Kill Devil Hill (with Pantera bassist Rex Brown).

The interview can be read at http://jeffcramer.blogspot.com/2012/07/very-candid-conversation-with-vinny.html

Wow, I must admit - I've never been a big fan of Vinnie Appice; didn't much care for his work with Dio - but that clip in the interview of him playing with Axis is much more impressive than anything I've heard him do with any other band. That's some groovin' stuff.

I'm going to have to look into this Axis stuff a little more.

i like vinnie more than his brother. actually, i can't say i really like carmine but i wouldn' say he's a bad player.

vinnie did a drum clinic at a music store i worked at in the 90's. he brought russ parish and a bass player (possibly also from fight, that russ was in at the time) we didn't mic vinnie but he was so freakin' LOUD.

i was standing in the doorway watching him and he was just brutal on the kit. i never seen anyone play so hard before (but for him it was just normal)

Back