Floor Tom Wingnuts same as Cymbal Stand ones?

petey

I'm away from my drums out of town currently at the moment but was curious if you all know if "generally" cymbal stand top wingnuts are the same as floor tom leg wingnuts.

I have a stripped one on my floor tom and it's holding but I need to replace it.

I'm away from my drums out of town currently at the moment but was curious if you all know if "generally" cymbal stand top wingnuts are the same as floor tom leg wingnuts.

I have a stripped one on my floor tom and it's holding but I need to replace it.
With respect, you expected a meaningful answer without stating make & model of drums how exactly?

With respect, you expected a meaningful answer without stating make & model of drums how exactly?

Was just looking for a general run of the mill, not exact answer. Just curious and wasting time here. Does anyone know if they are "generally" the same.

I have many different brand cymbal stands and a Yamaha floor tom with legs that aren't Yamaha but I think possibly Pearl

If the diameter and thread pitch is the same then the wing nut will work.
Most modern wing nuts on drum gear are 8x1.5 metric. Older vintage hardware is 1/4" coarse thread.

Not sure what you're contemplating.
Most floor tom wingnuts are male and threaded outside. They go into a hole to fasten the floor tom leg, right?
Cymbal stand wingnuts are female, threaded on their inside.

Back