Big Band Rock, what happened?

I never said I was referring to large sample sizes. Where did I mention that? You've interpreted 'overwhelming evidence' as meaning 'large sample size'. Two totally different things. In future, don't put words into my mouth.

Well, how would you go about having overwhelming evidence, without a large sample size? Or am I just underwhelmed here?

Reliability, multiple independent observations, low margins of error, reproductivity, ability to make accurate prediction, multiple acquisition techniques... need I go on?

I think it is funny that you are asking to stop. I guess everyone has to stop sampling sometime, though some people seem to need a little more evidence than others, and yet others still aren't convinced. That's progress, barely not regressive, man the prog. rockers are gonna love that one.

Guys, guys. You cant argue with a stupid Troll. They just drag you down to here level and beat you with experience.

Look at the thread, started by the same poster that always has to have the last visible post.

Give it up and they go away.

Well, thanks. I appreciate all you rockers not jammin over my non-rock posts, with your rock oriented point of view, I don't care about your economics, I don't care about your emotions, I don't even really like your music. I know, there are a lot of rockers out there, and they are politically active, but please watch your toes, when someone is posting about something that really just isn't rocks business.

Well, thanks. I appreciate all you rockers not jammin over my non-rock posts, with your rock oriented point of view, I don't care about your economics, I don't care about your emotions, I don't even really like your music. I know, there are a lot of rockers out there, and they are politically active, but please watch your toes, when someone is posting about something that really just isn't rocks business.

I had to double check the thread title. Yep, it concerns big band rock.

Yes it does,but the OP ,in troll mode,seems to have adapted the ability to change his mind,in mid-thread."Big Band Rock,what happened?" ,is most definately the title,with the emphasis on ROCK .There are also more bands involved than Chicago and BS+T,demonstrating a lack of thorough research on the subject,which seems to make less,and less sense.

Steve B

Yes it does,but the OP ,in troll mode,seems to have adapted the ability to change his mind,in mid-thread."Big Band Rock,what happened?" ,is most definately the title,with the emphasis on ROCK .There are also more bands involved than Chicago and BS+T,demonstrating a lack of thorough research on the subject,which seems to make less,and less sense.

Steve B

In the paraphrased words of larryace, "I'm not trying to bash it, but I don't prefer it".

As the first responder to what has digressed into ... a rock-n-roll bashing... from what I thought was an actual question about music (and I really don't want to further any of the afore posted silliness that the OP has spewed) but I find it necessary to ask why someone so lacking in music appreciation would waste his time here? As an actor/musician I find it curious how someone on a drum-specific musician's forum would be so blatantly knocking anyone else's art form. I don't gravitate to some forms of rap, hip-hop or even swing but, I love music - in all its base and complicated forms and would never fail to stop, listen to, and appreciate, any great music. All genres included. Some are even challenging for me to play so I work on them, even if I don't completely appreciate them, just to further my understanding and music well-roundedness. Maybe my 21 year-old daughter helps keep me abreast of upcoming and changing music (art forms).

As the first responder to what has digressed into ... a rock-n-roll bashing... from what I thought was an actual question about music (and I really don't want to further any of the afore posted silliness that the OP has spewed) but I find it necessary to ask why someone so lacking in music appreciation would waste his time here? As an actor/musician I find it curious how someone on a drum-specific musician's forum would be so blatantly knocking anyone else's art form. I don't gravitate to some forms of rap, hip-hop or even swing but, I love music - in all its base and complicated forms and would never fail to stop, listen to, and appreciate, any great music. All genres included. Some are even challenging for me to play so I work on them, even if I don't completely appreciate them, just to further my understanding and music well-roundedness. Maybe my 21 year-old daughter helps keep me abreast of upcoming and changing music (art forms).

That is nice of you to say, but there is a difference between a lip-service-open-minded-pseudo-bad-mouthing-rocker (for want of a better word, what ever that is its not music), and someone that genuinely learns other styles because they like them.

That is nice of you to say, but there is a difference between a lip-service-open-minded-pseudo-bad-mouthing-rocker (for want of a better word, what ever that is its not music), and someone that genuinely learns other styles because they like them.

Well, I guess you have me figured out. I've never really seen someone as quick to bash others (on line, or in person) as you seem to be. Ever lurking to try to slap down someone's response. I guess I can make you first on my block list. I've never felt compelled to block someone's point of view but, you've got that... venom... that makes me want to poke your eyes with a sharp drumstick. Now I've got to go do 200 paradiddles, 400 flams and 500 Ratamacues to atone for my lack of patience with you. Good day.

I could say the same thing about you and 'discussion...'.

Why don't you go around making your emotional rocker buddies have coherent arguments eh? I know, when someone says something you don't like you insist that that they use some sort of philosophical framework that is coherent, but when Joe Shmoe rocker says something kind of biggoted that you are OK with, you keep your mouth shut.

Why don't you go around making your emotional rocker buddies have coherent arguments eh? I know, when someone says something you don't like you insist that that they use some sort of philosophical framework that is coherent, but when Joe Shmoe rocker says something kind of biggoted that you are OK with, you keep your mouth shut.

Go and play somewhere else you idiot and leave drumming sites to those who actually like music, in all its forms.

The first poster to ever go on my ignore list.

Eluviete, 8 members
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eluveitie

Gogol Bordello, 8 members
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gogol_Bordello

Does slipknot count as big-band? 9 members there... (although I would argue that at least 3 of them don't actually contribute musically)

haggard has a small orchestra with each member considered a full band member, making 17 full members:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggard_(band)

tough to find a use for more than 6 in a rock or metal band,

singer
guitarist
guitarist
bassist
drummer
keyboardist

could go 2 singers like old 3 inches of Blood or Sikth, add a 3rd guitarist like Iron Maiden or Periphery... tough to get it up there tough.

I'm with you..time to stop feeding this troll.It seems to be the only reason he joined this forum.I think I'll just listen to some non music like the Brian Setzer Orchestra,Chicago,Chase,BS&T,Little Feat with Tower of Power horns and vintage Santana.Great vocals too.

At one point, for about a nano second,I was curious about what EXACTLY,the OP considers ...music.But then, my reason was restored,and I found that I couldn't care less.

Steve B

trying to steer this back on topic... I AM now curious about who some big band rock and metal acts might be, and how they put a whole whack of extra members to good use.

Back