easy tips for the perfect set up

frog

Hey everyone!

just thought i'd share an idea i came across years ago to get a kit set up for your height in minutes, without memory locks, tape marks etc, and its seems to work really well as its all in relation to your body.

first up,

-stool-

stand straight, and set the stool in line with the top of your kneecap. when you sit, it creates a good level, not to low/high etc

-snare-

stand up straight with your hand straight at your side. i bring the snare up so it touches my fingertips while in this position.

-boom stands (crashes chinas etc)-

bring the boom pivot joint up to your waist, then boom arm at an angle up in line with your armpit.

as toms are always different depths/different size kicks underneath, so i Usually adjust them by eye last off.

anyway i know everyone's different, but just interested to see if anyone else does this? its a massive time saver live, and your guaranteed the same setup no mater what kit you play :)

rob

anyway i know everyone's different, but just interested to see if anyone else does this?

Not me.

In order I do stool, then bass pedal, then bass drum, then FT then rack toms, then cymbals, then snare, then HH last.

Leaving the snare and HH last allows one to access the kit easier in tight spaces and allows for easier tuning of the toms. Of course after the snare there might be a little rack tom tweaking, my HH is always last.

Back