Help with this piece

Ryan_Coke

I am playing Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams. There is this part at about 30 secs into the song that I just can't time. Its easy but I need someones analysis please. I will post a section of the song. If you can listen to this song and tell me what you hear. If you look at my pic, you can see where I circled. In the song I swear it sounds like a Tom should be played here and not a high hat. I slowed it right down with Amazing slow downer to 30%. ALSO where I have the question mark, what is that? An open hi hat cross stick or what the heck? Sorry I am not notation inclined. Thanks guys. As always I appreciate your help.

9.PNG

First off,I have been recorded when I was using 8th notes on hats,and you only heard the quarters,it sounds like the drummer is doing quarters on the hats,on the circled part,nothing is happening,a rest I think.On the arrow part,I think the drummer is kitting on 3 with the snare and a loose/sloppy/sloshy open hat stroke on the hats at the same time,the rest of that fill is eighth notes one each descending from high tom to low tom, + 4 +,

I think the area you circled is on the + of two,no tom or anything, I that can hear ,but on the + of 3 is where the fill starts,with the high tom,I think you are reading the start of the fill early,or losing one beat.

Back