What's a good music player to run though mixing board

bud7h4

Silver Member
I just need a basic player for playing along to music at home. Something like Ipod is overkill for me, I don't even need internet. But I do obviously need quality sound and strong output.

Your computer.......

I think I just found an app allowing you to use a phone as a remote to control music on the pc. I have no idea if this is a commonly known thing but it's news to me.

I just use my phone.

Yup. Me too. I used my Shure 215 IEM's right into my iPhone. There's plenty of power there!

If you have one of the newer iphones, you can get one of these:

lightning-to-3-5mm-headphone-jack-adapter-for-iphone-7-7plus-iphone-6-6s-jack-earphone-connector-cable-for-iphone-7-7plus-3-5-mm-aux-female-audio-jack-headphone-cable-earbud-adapter-support-ios-10-2

I use one of those inexpensive Amazon Fire tablet computers. Costs about USA $ 50.

If your mixing board has RCA jacks, you can plug anything that plays music into it. One of the sound test machines at work is nothing more than a DVD player and power amp. It powers all the cabinets we test, even the most powerful of subs.

Like the others, I use my phone.

I use my phone also. It still has an 1/8 inch headphone jack. Also my laptop has a headphone jack. I plug them into my stereo in my practice room, or actually wear headphones. There are still MP-3 players out there I think. They should be cheap now days.

I my I phone. With I tunes you can access a huge music library. Hosa makes a wide variety of cables that will connect your device to your board.

I like Google Play Music because it syncs all my music in the chosen directories on my main desktop to the cloud. This means my practice playlists are available anywhere I can log in - my phone, my tablet, my laptop, any desktop in the house.

I tend to plug in a laptop, tablet or phone to a 1/8" to RCA cable on my mixer that also does my in-ear and close-micing mix. I adjust individual volume from there.

A phone with some good isolating earbuds can accomodate most players, and that's my fallback, but I can endorse Google Play Music for a great portable music player.

I really just need an mp3 player. I have no use for access to music online. I download or rip music to my pc first, then edit it in audacity to add a count-in click to each song.

I have found several $30-60 mp3 players. Some have 60-70 hours of play time per charge thanks to their simplicity.

I really just need an mp3 player. I have no use for access to music online. I download or rip music to my pc first, then edit it in audacity to add a count-in click to each song.

I have found several $30-60 mp3 players. Some have 60-70 hours of play time per charge thanks to their simplicity.

I have this one, but red. It's fantastic. A bit more than others, but the thing is great. I got a rubber cover for it as I take it to work. It's been dropped a bunch and sat on, still works like new. It's maybe 2 years old.

https://express.google.com/u/0/prod...NFkzm-mbTIPF9TeVCFIbwL_5GuwyNX9RoC9l4QAvD_BwE

Back