What's your latest purchase?

Had my GAS under control until I fell off the wagon:

See where I’m going with this? What are the odds? Anyway, I now have the drum I once owned and it cost a fraction of a new one. The drums may be the same size, but tuned differently.

That is crazy!!! Glad you managed to get a bargain out of it

Gig bag for 22" bass drum (I have 3 bass drums; one kit with 2 and the kit at home with a single bass drum, but i have a recording session coming up and didn't have a gig bag for that one. The kit with 2 bass drums i keep at the practice space)

Longer tom arm to mount a rocket tom more closely

4x Vic Firth 2B's. Tried these sticks a little while ago and really like their feel and weight. Feels like I'm more in control then with the 5B's i use now. They're obviously a bit louder, but i feel like i don't have too work as much compared to the 5B's. The acorn tip also give more clarity on the cymbals, very nice!

And... haven't bought it yet, but i spotted a discounted Paiste 20" Novo China and i don't need it, but i've wanted one for ages and i think i'm in the phase now that i want something else after using Zildjian for roughly 8 years. So who knows... ;)

Ok... i bought the 20" Novo China i mentioned above ^_^

My first Black Beauty ever. B-Stock floor demo 8" X 14" in pristine condition.
I'd been considering a second 8" deep snare for years. Opted for a brass shell.
Bermuda tipped the scale on this bad boy.

Attachments

• BlackBeauty6LoRes.jpg
    BlackBeauty6LoRes.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 404
LB402B Chrome over Brass Supraphonic.
Replaced all hardware with Copper and left off the lugs gaskets.

Attachments

• rsz_20190331_215840.jpg
    rsz_20190331_215840.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 361
  • rsz_20190329_203911.jpg
    rsz_20190329_203911.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 364
LB402B Chrome over Brass Supraphonic.
Replaced all hardware with Copper and left off the lugs gaskets.

WOW !! That's beautiful.

Where do you get copper plated parts ???

WOW !! That's beautiful.

Where do you get copper plated parts ???

I got them from a drum builder on another forum, who had them plated for a progect that never happened.

Any Chrome shop would be able to do it, but it's not gonna be cheap.

Hey y'all, it's been a minute since I've posted on the forum; good to be back!
So, for awhile now I've been looking for a second crash to compliment my 16" A. Zildjian thin, and I finally found it: a 16" K. Zildjian EFX. The best way I could describe the sound is halfway between a crash and a china. It creates a breathy, hissy, cushion of sound, with a white noise quality like the Crash of Doom, but not as cantankerous, and with less sustain. This cymbal is less about tone and more about texture, and would blend in well with almost any setup.

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 328
Bought a Yamaha MG10 mixer just to have a decent way to monitor my own practice and maybe record audio for youtube vids.

Also bought an Audix D6 and pair of Samson C02 mics.

Bought a Yamaha MG10 mixer just to have a decent way to monitor my own practice and maybe record audio for youtube vids.

Also bought an Audix D6 and pair of Samson C02 mics.

You will enjoy ALL of those items - I own all of them as well (Although I think I have the MG10XU version, pretty much identical).

Meinl Classics Custom Dark : 20" Ride, 2 sets of 14" hats, 8" and 10" splashes, 16" and 18" crashes, and an 18" china. Perfect for Metal:

img_2032_med-2.jpeg

img_2034_med-2.jpeg

img_2036_med-2.jpeg

img_2037_med-2.jpeg

Meinl Classics Custom Dark : 20" Ride, 2 sets of 14" hats, 8" and 10" splashes, 16" and 18" crashes, and an 18" china. Perfect for Metal.

I'm not so into the sound of these cymbals for me, but there's no denying they are beautiful looking.

The Novo i mentioned earlier in all it's glory ;)

upload photos

Possibly one of the better trades I've seen. I have a pair of 13 dyno beats and the do one thing, and are on an x-hat on my kit. They're like little manhole covers once you open them up. Nicely done.

I was into the 13's when I first bought them as they were loud & obnoxious which suited the music I was playing. I still play the same music but my taste & ears have now changed. I bought a pair of New Beats & they became my permanent set. Like you, I used the 13's as X Hats for a while but got bored so put them up for sale. I have yet to try the K's though :)

The table looks like my walnut segmented drums, only flat.

Back