Get better Andy!

Thanks Larry for sharing Any's words. I don't know Andy that well but it seems pretty clear that this is a man who knows a thing or two about taking on difficult challenges in life.

Andy, the pic looks great; looked even better when you mentioned the progress you've noticed in just a week's time.

I may be overstepping my bounds, but what the hell. I am making this thread a sticky, and proclaiming 7/11, Andy Crosby Day, on the Drummerworld forum.
I don't think anyone is more loved, respected, or looked up to than Andy.
All the best to you Sir for a speedy recovery and happy life. what you think you may have lost has been passed on to others. So July Eleven is hereby proclaimed Andy Crosby Day.

I support your proclamation, Mr. Mayor. Andy Crosby Day it is!

Andy Day-it's a Dandy day. I like that-great idea Gruntersdad! I love the outpouring and support of the DW community-great bunch of people. Thanks Larry for sharing Andy's message-you are a true friend and Andy is fortunate to have you and to be so loved and respected.
Andy I can't imagine what was going through your mind those first few hours-days sound scary and one of those your flashes before your eyes moment. So thankful you are recovering and your positive attitude. Glad to see an epiphany and a reset too-you got a loving family who needs you so despite your best efforts to work yourself to death you got to suck it up and slow down-I can give you lessons-for free. I've never seen a pic of you that you weren't smiling-so I almost didn't recognize you LOL. Rest, drop any drum making, and just do drums therapeutically when you are up to it. Man I hate you have to cancel your dream trip-sounds like you and your loverly spouse were really looking forward to it. So you'll just have to punt for today and set for a future date and add another week to your stay ;) The best of all possible worlds.

Andy, congrats on the new family addition! Grandpa Andy it is!

Wow Andy you're going to be a Granddad I know you are ecstatic!! I didn't pick up on that in Larry's post-silly me. Great news for you and yours. I too am having my first granddaughter and I am beside myself with joy. We are the luckiest men on earth.

Pic doesn't look too bad! You look just as handso...just as attracti...you like just like you always did. This was all very disrespectful to the DW community, I dont want to give you a hard time after an event like this, but this behavior will not be tolerated again. Yea yea, your health and family and all that blah blah but you have a real responsibility to us, one that trumps (sorry about this word) all others. Get it together man! You get a pass this time, but cut the crap.

All for 7/11 national holiday, GLOBAL holiday

Guys,

thank you again for your super kind thoughts = really appreciated, but I feel a little awkward / undeserving with the 7/11 & sticky thing. I'm just another forum member who had a tough week.

Guys,

thank you again for your super kind thoughts = really appreciated, but I feel a little awkward / undeserving with the 7/11 & sticky thing. I'm just another forum member who had a tough week.

That's your perspective, but not ours, Andy.

The best part about places like this is that we can come to truly care about one another. This is part of how we try to show that you're important to us around here. You can't go around being a nice guy and doing nice things without people eventually noticing, and you're not personally exempt.

You'll take your adoration and you'll like it.

That's your perspective, but not ours, Andy.

The best part about places like this is that we can come to truly care about one another. This is part of how we try to show that you're important to us around here. You can't go around being a nice guy and doing nice things without people eventually noticing, and you're not personally exempt.

You'll take your adoration and you'll like it.

Doctors orders!

Er, what he said.

Andy, blame me for the 7/11 day idea, but true to character, you consider a stroke, a life threatening, often debilitating event, just a tough week. I'm sure, pretty sure, that one day down the road, you will prove to us all that you are just a mortal man. But I'm betting you won't. Have a great day.

Andy.

Well-wishes. Stay strong, and may your health steadily improve.

you are just a mortal man
Mortality well & truly tested Grunt :(

Update - my sticking is getting a bit better on the pad (first time I've done any pad work in years). Short sessions (10 min's max), but seems to be working slowly. My left was never good, but it's taken a step back from barely mediocre to downright sloppy.

Although gigs are cancelled, I have my first rehearsal this coming Tuesday. It will be a gentle introduction back, & the band are being super accommodating / supportive.

Mortality well & truly tested Grunt :(

Update - my sticking is getting a bit better on the pad (first time I've done any pad work in years). Short sessions (10 min's max), but seems to be working slowly. My left was never good, but it's taken a step back from barely mediocre to downright sloppy.

Although gigs are cancelled, I have my first rehearsal this coming Tuesday. It will be a gentle introduction back, & the band are being super accommodating / supportive.

Great to hear Andy. Frustrating I know, but this is sure to be another success story for the Drumming Therapy thread. :D

Hey Andy,

On one hand, I'm relieved that you are actually able to go out and rehearse. That's pretty big. So that's a positive.

On the other hand you have to regain some former abilities....but at least you're here to do that, which is net positive.

But as the person who is actually going through this, and not having ever experienced anything like that, I'll never know what it really feels like.

All I can say is you're one tough Englishman. I mean how many people survive a brain stem stroke?

Maybe take up golfing? Try and knock some strokes off your score?

They say laughter is the best medicine.

I'm getting Dr. Watso to write me a script prescribing ME as your thrice daily dose of laughter.

Just to get in the spirit of things, I shall mail myself inside of a giant prescription bottle that you unwrap in your home.

I know you'd prefer dancing girls.

I can try to dance for you :)

Just to get in the spirit of things, I shall mail myself inside of a giant prescription bottle that you unwrap in your home.

I know you'd prefer dancing girls.

I can try to dance for you :)

Larry has done this for me several times and his dancing is actually quite good. But it does cost a little extra if you want him to wear a bikini.

Andy - Happy to know about your upcoming rehearsal. As I recall, the human brain has a capacity for plasticity where healthy regions can be recruited to take over the work formerly done by damaged regions. Please keep us posted.

I read quite a bit on this forum in my spare time, but only post occasionally. I don't have the personal relationships with other forum members that many of you exhibit. I find this forum to stand out in that regard; sometimes drums and drumming take a back seat to the comraderie on here. Truly a group of characters on here!

I had a question a few weeks back that I thought Andy would be the most qualified to answer. So, I sent him a PM, thinking "he doesn't know me, will probably just delete my message, or he's just too busy to answer". Well, I was wrong. This very busy man was gracious enough to take the time to answer me, practically a complete stranger, and offer me a bit of his considerable knowledge. I really appreciated him answering my questions; I have nothing to offer back but a sincere thank you to you, Andy, and that I truly hope you're on the comeback trail. Best wishes, always.

Thats wonderful, thanks for popping in and sharing that with us. I was a several year lurker, then decided, oh well sorry everyone, you gotta deal with me now and the fellas and ladies around here are so great! Chime in anytime, your pals are here, or just read along. Its a nice place, guys like Andy make it special, and hey guys like you and me too.

I had a question a few weeks back that I thought Andy would be the most qualified to answer. So, I sent him a PM, thinking "he doesn't know me, will probably just delete my message, or he's just too busy to answer". Well, I was wrong. This very busy man was gracious enough to take the time to answer me, practically a complete stranger, and offer me a bit of his considerable knowledge. I really appreciated him answering my questions; I have nothing to offer back but a sincere thank you to you, Andy, and that I truly hope you're on the comeback trail. Best wishes, always.

Same here. Andy is a walking encyclopedia and I cannot thank him enough for taking time to impart some of his knowledge to me in understanding drum construction and physics.

I wish there was a way we could bottle Andy's work ethic and professionalism and sell it on the open market. He has certainly set the bar high in both of those departments.

In my book, Andy and Guru drums are the best export to come out of Great Britain since the Beatles.

Man! I'm WAY late in seeing this and I deeply apologize! Andy, I pray that you get better quickly!!!

Back