SteveB aka tamadrm

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
So I was reading some old threads and I came across a post by a member called Finn Higgins. I never knew him, he was before my time, but he passed.

Finn had a little title under his name that says "Gone much too early"

I thought SteveB should have the same type of thing.

I never met Steve but feel I knew him a little bit from here.

Steve is the only one I know of other than Finn who was a regularly contributing member who passed on. I hope there were no more.

I just wanted to make sure these guys aren't forgotten.

Steve was a walking encyclopedia of drums. Very outspoken. I miss him.

Any suggestions for a possible title would be great.

Any stories would be cool too.

Thanks.

Larry, thanks for caring about the group. I didn't know Steve that well but none of us want to see members leave in this way. Other than Finn, I know of no others. Peace to his family and friends.

Perhaps memorialize a thread he started-ending with just people commenting on their online friendship with Steve. I was once enamored with Wikipedia and edited articles and became friends with another editor, an anthropologist named Steve, who passed and his Talk page was memorialized-a nice sentiment.

SteveB was a tremendous help to me often when a was a clueless newbie interested in purchasing vintage drums. I recall he was an ex-officer for NYPD and suffered a lot when that hurricane hit NY/NJ area a few years back. I really liked the guy.

I tried to throw a DW party at my place once, but it didn't work out. It's not exactly practical, too much distance between members. I recall having a dilemma involving SteveB and SticksforDrums. Neither one wanted to attend if the other was there. It never came down to that anyway.

I do recall that the weather was perfect for the day I wanted. I got a whopping 1 RSVP lol.

SteveB was a pillar here.

I'm not one to speak well of the dead simply because they're dead, but Steve was a real gentleman. He was so enthusiastic about drums and drumming that it did my heart good, and he always seemed to have time for everybody, especially anybody who needed a bit of support. He struck me as one of the many members of this forum who were/are very giving and selfless.

I tried to throw a DW party at my place once, but it didn't work out. It's not exactly practical, too much distance between members. I recall having a dilemma involving SteveB and SticksforDrums. Neither one wanted to attend if the other was there. It never came down to that anyway.

I do recall that the weather was perfect for the day I wanted. I got a whopping 1 RSVP lol.

SteveB was a pillar here.

Hahaha! Funny story. Sticks! Love or hate him, he was a character :)

I got to know Steve through private messages on another forum. He wrote to me out of the blue after I'd posted something silly and we corresponded (lightly) for years afterward. He was always kind and considerate, passionate about truth and injustice, and very supportive of those he called his friends. It's good to see that he's been memorialized here.

I didn't know him other than through a couple of drum forums we were both on. But, I always looked forward to reading his responses and insights on various posts, as they were always well thought out and written.

I was saddened to hear of his passing.

I'm new to this forum, but am all for "honoring" those who have contributed and have passed on.

I’ve oftentimes wondered about many people on various forums where their life was. I wondered where they were they were when they faded away. Do they even play anymore? It seems so minor when speaking of health.

I met more than a few members over the years, but of those only one died that I knew. That would be Jerry Jenkins of Jenkins-Martin aka Drumjinx on many forums. It was crushing, but I know his underground drum company legacy will live on.

Back