bill ward again

Good to see Bill Ward out playing again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wU6oMzGpm4

This makes me wonder, who is one of the oldest drummers still playing? Ginger Baker? Anybody else in jazz playing longer ?

Ringo Starr's 78. Billy Cobham's 74. Steve Gadd's 73. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any of the really major Blue Note players from the 50s or 60s who's still going, but I'm sure I'll soon be embarrassed to have forgotten someone.

Ringo Starr's 78. Billy Cobham's 74. Steve Gadd's 73. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any of the really major Blue Note players from the 50s or 60s who's still going, but I'm sure I'll soon be embarrassed to have forgotten someone.

Oh ya forgot about Ringo. Still touring but I get the impression he does not drum all that much on the Allstar shows.

Fun video, good to see ol Bill getting after it. Love that song too, one of the first I learned to play.

I have no idea who is oldest. Probably some unknown small town nobody burning down the bar every other weekend.

Roy Haynes is 94 and still playing!

Thank you for posting this.. bill is easily my favorite all time rock drummer :)

It's a weird thing.. i can play beatles and some zep and all the normal stuffs. but for some reason i have a really hard time with sabbath. No idea what it is..

Oh ya forgot about Ringo. Still touring but I get the impression he does not drum all that much on the Allstar shows.

The show I saw he did about half of the drumming but that was a few years ago.

Saw Gadd with JT last summer. Age is merely a number in his case.

Still upset he didn't come back out for Paul Simon and play 50 Ways and Late In The Evening :)

Ian Paice is still going at 70. Brian Bennett from the Shadows is still playing at 79 as is Bobby Elliot from the Hollies at 77.

I saw Danny Seraphine, original drummer for Chicago, a few weeks ago near Orlando. He will be 71 in a few months and he was still smoking it on the kit playing all of his signature licks in their classic older tunes! You could tell it took a little more out of him but he didn't "dumb it down"; stayed true to the song! Great band (CTA) with very talented players; if you are into that type music you should give them a listen if they come near you!

I saw Danny Seraphine, original drummer for Chicago, a few weeks ago near Orlando. He will be 71 in a few months and he was still smoking it on the kit playing all of his signature licks in their classic older tunes! You could tell it took a little more out of him but he didn't "dumb it down"; stayed true to the song! Great band (CTA) with very talented players; if you are into that type music you should give them a listen if they come near you!

Danny is just a god... he did a drumeo lesson about a year ago and i would say from the opening song if anything he has gotten better over the years and not slowing down much :)

Danny

Back