Zoom’d out yet?

WhoIsTony?

Teaching has accounted for the majority of my income since I stopped touring when my first child was born 7 years ago. In my 19 years as a teacher I’ve always had a full roster plus a waiting list. This is the first year that I see a dip in students... and I understand why. These are tough times for sure and everyone is pretty much Zoom’d out. Before this situation I had done only in person lessons. Music teachers have been doing this virtual lesson thing for many years... but it’s about 6 months old for me. All of those teachers have offered the things I mention in this video for a long time so in no way am I taking credit for them... but I made a short promo video to try to boost traffic toward the music school I work for and to try to make Zoom lessons feel a little less sterile.
I hope all of you educators out there are doing well and holding strong.
I hope you’ll check out the video

Last edited:

dmacc_2

Awesome.. This is a great forward-thinking approach.

I firmly believe the way we teach has forever shifted. Remote/video lessons are going to be used more now than in years past. Even once all the C19 stuff is a far thing of the past.

I should be doing something similar for my local area as well. Up to me to make it happen. You have inspired me to give more thought to it.

8Mile

Platinum Member
The video is great. I've been on the student end of remote lessons, and it is strange at first, but it definitely can work.

You always get right to the point and keep things concise in your vids. The learning curve to putting up content online is a steep one for me, but your stuff motivates me to keep working on it and get better at it.

WhoIsTony?

Thanks guys.
In these times it’s easy for kids (and adults) to get sick of virtual life.
Just trying to keep it positive a experience

NouveauCliche

Teaching has accounted for the majority of my income since I stopped touring when my first child was born 7 years ago. In my 19 years as a teacher I’ve always had a full roster plus a waiting list. This is the first year that I see a dip in students... and I understand why. These are tough times for sure and everyone is pretty much Zoom’d out. Before this situation I had done only in person lessons. Music teachers have been doing this virtual lesson thing for many years... but it’s about 6 months old for me. All of those teachers have offered the things I mention in this video for a long time so in no way am I taking credit for them... but I made a short promo video to try to boost traffic toward the music school I work for and to try to make Zoom lessons feel a little less sterile.
I hope all of you educators out there are doing well and holding strong.
I hope you’ll check out the video

Great Vid - clean, well edited, love the PDF stuff: Very nice.

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
AZ Educator here. Yes, I'm "Zoom'd out" for sure, but as I teach special needs, they're already in the classroom in my district. So I get a bit of "normalcy" before the rest of the kids show up next month.
The wife teaches kinder and she has no one in her room. She's SO ready for her kiddos to come back.

mikyok

Platinum Member
Cool vid man!

The rug has certainly been pulled from under a lot of our feet so thinking and working outside the box is the way forward for the forseeable.

P.S. that Rogers is stunning in looks and sound!

WhoIsTony?

AZ Educator here. Yes, I'm "Zoom'd out" for sure, but as I teach special needs, they're already in the classroom in my district. So I get a bit of "normalcy" before the rest of the kids show up next month.
The wife teaches kinder and she has no one in her room. She's SO ready for her kiddos to come back.
tough times ... hang in there

WhoIsTony?

Cool vid man!

The rug has certainly been pulled from under a lot of our feet so thinking and working outside the box is the way forward for the forseeable.

P.S. that Rogers is stunning in looks and sound!
hang in there brother ...

the kit is a 1966 Rogers Headliner configuration ... I'm a 60s Rogers nut and have a room full of them :)

mikyok

Platinum Member
I'm a 60s Rogers nut and have a room full of them :)
I need a room like that!

I had the chance to own a 60s Rogers 20/12/14, not sure of the model. A mate had one that belonged to an ex BBC session drummer that he taught on. He suffered with dystonia in his right arm and decided to quit music altogether and I was into bigger bass drums at the time.

The beauty of hindsight......