Zildjin K Constantinople Ride Types

Roscoe Joe

Just been looking through the latest Zildjian catalogue and in the K Con list they have "Medium Thin Ride, High" and "Medium Thin Ride, Low". So the question is: What's the difference between "High" and "Low" ride cymbals?

556Cliff

Just been looking through the latest Zildjian catalogue and in the K Con list they have "Medium Thin Ride, High" and "Medium Thin Ride, Low". So the question is: What's the difference between "High" and "Low" ride cymbals?
The "high" versions are just a little bit brighter/higher pitched than the "low" versions which are a bit darker/lower pitched.

I have both, and love both. There are some songs where I prefer my 22" K Con Med Thin High ride, but I find the 22" K Con Med Thin Low ride to fit better with most music. Though I love the "high" version as a crash too just because it's a bit brighter.

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
High/Low refers to the profile of the cymbal, but yes, it does directly correlate to the pitch.

I own the high 22" and it sounds great.

-Jonathan

adamosmianski

It's in the name, really. The medium thin highs are a little higher pitched, brighter, and more crashable, than the medium thin lows. Also, I THINK the highs are thinner than the lows, though I could be wrong about that. I have a 22' medium thin low and absolutely love it. Though I did just pick up a 22' K Con Bounce Ride, and it's giving the Med Thin Low a run for it's money!