Zildjian ZXT, whats the deal?

SGT_Drummer

I keep running across Zildjian ZXT series cymbals all over the net. But I have never heard them. Can someone tell me what they are like? I have initially wrote these off because my first thought is ZBT. While ZBT are good, cheap, starte cymbals I have advanced beyond them and only by the actual A, K, or Z series cymbals now. But back to my point, there are ZXT Splashes, ZXT Mastersound hats, ZXT Titanium (which I will pay exceptionally well for), and so on. Any help?

(I'm strictly going off memory here, but I want to say there is a ZHT series as well, same questions) Thanks!

I'd say Zxt is about the same lvl of cymbal as ZBT so if your looking to upgrade don't get them, go A's or K's or even Z's

Like the ZBTs, the ZXTs are made of a 92/8 (or B8) bronze. The ZHTs are 88/12 (or B12 bronze), and all of them are sheet bronze vs. the 80/20 cast bronze of the As and Ks. The numbers refer to the mix of copper/tin that make up the bronze. Supposedly more tin makes better cymbal quality bronze, but Meinl markets a B8 as a higher quality pie.

If you like Zildjians, visit their web site; they have sound clips of most ot their cymbals and you can compare them before ever entering a store.

Like the ZBTs, the ZXTs are made of a 92/8 (or B8) bronze. The ZHTs are 88/12 (or B12 bronze), and all of them are sheet bronze vs. the 80/20 cast bronze of the As and Ks. The numbers refer to the mix of copper/tin that make up the bronze. Supposedly more tin makes better cymbal quality bronze, but Meinl markets a B8 as a higher quality pie.

If you like Zildjians, visit their web site; they have sound clips of most ot their cymbals and you can compare them before ever entering a store.

paiste 2oo2 are amazing and they are b8

well i'll find out about the 2oo2s soon enough, i just bought a 15" and 17" crash from the 2oo2 series. I used to play on a paiste crash back when i started playing drums for my church (back when i still went to church), and i remember the paiste being my absolute favorite part of the kit. but thats been a good 10 years ago ago now, and i've moved on to zildjians lol.

2002 are as far above any b8's produced by zildjian or sabian as the high end b20's are.

paiste alphas ore pst5's totally own any zildjian or paiste b8.

Back