zildjian or meinl

heroisthee

Im shopping for new 18in and 20in cymbals. Im chosing between Zildjian Custom Z hybrids or AA Mienl Byzance brilliant. suggestions????

Firstly, what kind of sound are you looking to get out of your cymbals? This will have a great effect as to which cymbals you'll end up choosing. My advice would be to head down to your local drum shop and try ones out from each series so you can get an idea of which ones you like.

Secondly, do you mean the K Custom Hybrids by Zildjian? Because they don't offer the hybrid series in any other series (plus the Z Custom line has been discontinued). As for the Meinl cymbals go, they don't have an AA line that I'm aware of (that would be Sabian who offers an AA line of cymbals) so I'm assuming that you read Meinl's logo as "AA" on the cymbal itself.

Im shopping for new 18in and 20in cymbals. Im chosing between Zildjian Custom Z hybrids or AA Mienl Byzance brilliant. suggestions????
you might be thinkng A Custom ReZo's, they are decent, i like A customs plain better. Meinl makes great cymbals, they would be my second choice of paiste. i've had my fill of sabian and zildjian over the years. paiste is it for me.

I'm gunna be the first to point out that there is a difference between Turkish and European cymbals. Meinl, being from Germany, have a sound that more resembles stuff by Paiste, while Sabian and Zildjian share common sound traits, because well, they're nearly the same company in a lot of aspects.

European cymbals sound a lot more colorful and complex than Turkish stuff.

Anyway, check out stuff by both and and don't neglect the others, there are a lot of high end companies out there to choose from.

im interested in a more deeper tone and a bigger sound.

then go with either Meinl Byzance Brilliant 'medium' crashes, or better yet the unbelievably good Mb20 Medium Heavy crashes, either should give you the sound your after...

European cymbals sound a lot more colorful and complex than Turkish stuff.

Anyway, check out stuff by both and and don't neglect the others, there are a lot of high end companies out there to choose from.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

First of all Zildjian and Sabian aren't Turkish cymbals. They are made in the USA and Canada.

Istanbul Agops, Mehmets, old Zildjians, Dirils, etc, they are Turkish and can be very complex depending on the line.

Nothing beats a truly handmade cymbal and I believe Meinl and Paiste aren't handmade from start to finish.

I would see if you could try out these

Meinl Byzance Brilliant (or Traditional) Medium Crashes
Zildjian K-Custom Hybrid Crashes

Back