Zildjian K Fast Crashes

Robzildjian

I have a 16 k fast crash which I absolutely love. I want to get another to go right side on my kit and have the chance to buy one used. The guy has a 17 and an 18. Which would you recommend. I love the fastness which I think the 17 will have, but will it have the separation that I will get from the 18. Thoughts appreciated.

Brandtwi

I would consider an 18" crash too for those times when a little more sustain is desired. You've already got the 16" fast crash for those fast short burst. It also depends on the style of music you you play the most.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
If you can visit the guy with the cymbals, take your 16 and listen to all three together. Let your ears decide.

wildbill

Platinum Member
When in doubt - get both.
Maybe the guy will cut you a deal if you take them both.
If not - do what GD says.

dirtyclinic

I have the 17 inch K Custom Fast and the 16 inch K Custom Dark, The separation is perfect for me. I don't know if this helps but I had the 18 inch K Custom Dark and it was just louder than the others, not just a little louder but enough louder that when I hit it I felt like I had to go easier on it because it didn't fit in volume-wise. I ended up selling it