Zildjian A Custom Rezos. Why are they darker?

blastbeatkeeper

Hello, everyone. Im picking up a used 18" A Custom Rezo crash for $25 later today, but Im wondering why they are colored darker than the rest of the A Custom line? They almost give off a broze B8 color as opposed to the golden B20 color. Anyne know why this is? Thanks.

wsabol

Gold Member
Its the same Zildjian alloy as everything else.. it has to do with the lathing and finishing...

from MusiciansFriend:
A Custom ReZo Crash cymbals feature a spectacular look with alternating bands of spiral and full lathing techniques using both traditional and brilliant finishes, the combination helps to offer an aggressive array of bright overtones that blends perfectly with the instantaneous response. A unique bell design was created to attain exceptional projection and resonating qualities. These crashes are medium-thin in weight.

Attachments

Swexx

You're picking up an AC Rezo crash for 25$? Hot damn.

To answer your question... I honestly don't know.

longgun

Gold Member
Hello, everyone. Im picking up a used 18" A Custom Rezo crash for $25 later today, but Im wondering why they are colored darker than the rest of the A Custom line? They almost give off a broze B8 color as opposed to the golden B20 color. Anyne know why this is? Thanks.
Was that a typo? $25 for a Rezo crash?

FlamFlamMan

Wow, $25 for any 18" A Custom is awesome! Did you mean $250? That's more like the retail price of a 18" Rezo.

And I think the color difference is just a trick of the lighting and the lathing. All the ones I've seen are about the same color as everything else in person. But, if you're just looking at online stock pictures there are some where these look a lot different.

blastbeatkeeper

Oh no. No typo here. $25 and Im getting an A Custom Rezo. I asked him 3 different times if the price was only $25, even asking if he meant $125. He said nope, $25 is all I want! The pic he sent me was a little dark and fuzzy, but there wasnt any keyholing or damage at all. Im gonna look for some fine cracks around the edges(most likely the problem), but Ill be satisfied if I can walk away with such a nice cymbal for that cheap.
And yea, FlamFlam, I was listening to the sound byte on Zildjian.com, and all of the Rezo series crashes, even the hihats, are the darker (what looks to be B8) color. I was jw why they were the different color. And I will have pics up of my $25 score ASAP.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Oh no. No typo here. $25 and Im getting an A Custom Rezo. I asked him 3 different times if the price was only $25, even asking if he meant $125. He said nope, $25 is all I want! The pic he sent me was a little dark and fuzzy, but there wasnt any keyholing or damage at all. Im gonna look for some fine cracks around the edges(most likely the problem), but Ill be satisfied if I can walk away with such a nice cymbal for that cheap.
And yea, FlamFlam, I was listening to the sound byte on Zildjian.com, and all of the Rezo series crashes, even the hihats, are the darker (what looks to be B8) color. I was jw why they were the different color. And I will have pics up of my $25 score ASAP.
Dark and fuzzy pic,and he only wants 25...when you said 125?

Something sounds too good to be true........way too good.That cymbal could be stolen goods....why sell it for so little when even 100 is a great buy...If it's not cracked.

Bring along a friend or two,and meet in a busy public place just to be on the safe side.Be wary and get there at least half and hour before the agreed upon time,and be suspicious of people sitting in parked cars(kind of like you'll be).

Steve B