Zildjian A Custom Mastersound Bottom - ?? Top

pepino

I have a 14" ACMS bottom laying around and I want to pair it with a K or K custom top, any ideas?

I'm between a K light, K Custom Dark or K mastersound

If you use the K light or K custom it'll be Medium thin weight over medium. The A custom is medium weight. If you use the K master sound, it'll be medium over medium. I would choose one of the first two pairings. But if you're playing heavy, loud music, choose the latter pairing.

If you use the K light or K custom it'll be Medium thin weight over medium. The A custom is medium weight. If you use the K master sound, it'll be medium over medium. I would choose one of the first two pairings. But if you're playing heavy, loud music, choose the latter pairing.
+1. My thoughts exactly. I had a pair of ACMS hats (bought used off eBay) where the top cracked within a couple months. I was looking for another top to put with the ACMS bottom an tried a New Beat top and an AAX Stage top (both medium weight), and found these pairing to be a lot sloshier and harder to control than with the medium-thin top. So I would stick with a med-thin top - either KC Dark, K Light, or another ACMS.

Funny, just this past June I was hi-hat shopping... I went into a music shop and they had some mismatched hats kicking around. I found a 14" ACMS bottom but they didn't have the matching top. So I kept digging, and found a 14" A Custom top. Tried them out, and fell in love with the sound. The guy there (he seemed to know what he was talking about) told me that the A Custom top and A Custom Master Sounds top were exactly the same, just a different label. Anyone out there know if that's the case?

Either way, I love the sounds that come out of these hats. Perfect for hard rock. And the best part is, because they were "mismatched", the clerk at the front desk dropped the price to $250, which I thought was a steal... Walked out with a big smile!

Well It seems like I've norrowed to the KC Dark top and the K light top, which of those do you guys think will work better for rock?

I think either one would work great. By the way, I use a k custom dark bottom for a top and an A custom top on bottom. I love it!

Back