Zildjian 21 K Crash Ride

sjczildjian

So I picked up a 21 K Crash Ride Brilliant from my music store today. They guy there let me take it and said I can bring it back if I don't like it.

I did try it out on one of their kits today, but it seems like you really have to lay into it to make it work - and it starts to get really loud!

Also, it is a very bright cymbal for a K. I tried the K Custom Dark Ride, but that didn't really crash as well as I had hoped.

I am going to try it with a full band playing tomorrow. Cymbals always seem to sound better that way, and you can see how it blends in musically.

...For now, I withhold my opinion...

kettles

Gold Member
I've got one, love it. Gorgeous ride and awesome to crash on. I have an A Sweet Ride as well, and the two are very similar, the K being a little darker, smoother, and more golden than the Sweet.

sjczildjian

I've got one, love it. Gorgeous ride and awesome to crash on. I have an A Sweet Ride as well, and the two are very similar, the K being a little darker, smoother, and more golden than the Sweet.
I also have owned a 21 sweet ride, but recently sold it. I loved it but I was having problems with volume. I think this K crash ride is much louder though. I like that the K is slightly darker than the A sweet ride, but I find its not as harsh as the A, but it still has that brightness about it. I think the A sweet ride might crash a little easier than the K, but it is hard to tell without playing the side by side...

Strange... Travis Barkers used a A sweet ride, and is now using a 21 K Crash Ride....

sjczildjian

After playing it for a couple of hours, it is safe to say that I will be keeping the K Crash Ride.

I was very unsure about it at first, and it did take a little while to grow on me. The band member prefer it to the A Sweet Ride, It is well worth the AUD650 I paid for it. I also think it has brought the cymbals together. It sounds like they all compliment each other now.

As I mentioned before, I had about 2 grand to spend on upgrades - So far I have purchased the Pearl Eliminator 2000 series Hi Hat stand, the Pearl Eliminator 2000 snare stand and this cymbal, totalling $1200... All my other hardware is Pearl 1000 series, but I think these are doing a great job, very durable.

The only thing I have left to do is replace my cracked china (cracked 2/3 of the way round the bell) - It will just give in one day. It is an 18" Stagg DH Brilliant china, and I love it. Not sure if I want to go with something else though, as Ive had the last 2 Stagg DH Chinas bought over from the UK... Dream? Wuhan?

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member

sjczildjian

You're gonna hate me for this and I don't do it to be a prick. I just wanna see all Aussies get the absolute best deal they can......not always easy in this country where retailers are all too willing to rip arms and legs off: http://www.guitarfactory.com.au/Cymbals/Zildjian/k/zildjian-21-k-crash-ride

Keep 'em in mind for your next cymbal purchase. They seem to have those sorts of discounts across the board.
Haha! DAMMIT!! Never mind ey... Thank's for that link though, I will deffo keep them in mind for all future purchases. I'm pretty good mates with the guy that runs the store, and he promised me that's the best deal they can do (around $100 off). What can ya do, I just wish you posted that yesterday so that I could have taken it back!!

I probably got ripped off with the Pearl Eliminator stuff too - I'll go and check that site out now!

CreeplyTuna

Silver Member
They don't have the K Crash ride at my local music store, so i was just wondering, would it be a nice crash alongside a 20" 2002 crash and 18" A Custom projection crash, or is it on the other end of the spectrum? How about the Sweet ride?

I know this is a "obey your ears" situation, but I'm only looking for opinions and comparisons.

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
They don't have the K Crash ride at my local music store, so i was just wondering, would it be a nice crash alongside a 20" 2002 crash and 18" A Custom projection crash, or is it on the other end of the spectrum? How about the Sweet ride?

I know this is a "obey your ears" situation, but I'm only looking for opinions and comparisons.
2002's and A Customs are very bright cymbals. The K is not. Not that that's a bad thing......contrast can often work well. But be aware that it is indeed at the other end of the spectrum.

I use a Sweet Ride with AC crashes. I think they blend well.