Zildjian 13" K/Z hats, I forgot how great these are.

mikyok

Platinum Member
Ultimate get your funk on hats, I've had a pair for a long time now. They record very well, they get out of the way very easily and the cut on them is unbelievable. They are more versatile that folk give them credit for.

I imagine a lot of drummers have a pair in their arsenal.

No Way Jose

Silver Member
They sound really nice. I think I like them better than my 14 inch Zildjian New Beats.

Last edited:

Peedy

never played the K/Z combo but I used to use a Z over a 50s heavy to good effect. Seems the Z is just nicely paired to a darker cymbal.

alparrott

Platinum Member
I owned a pair of 90's 13" K/Zs for a while and they were fun. They had a very sharp, crisp, bright attack to them, perfect for recording that 80's new wave tribute song... but as my ears went to darker sounds and my tastes went to slightly larger cymbals, the K/Zs went to a friend. He loves 'em tho!

Mongrel

Silver Member
The KZs are my 13s. They fill that role winderfully. I also have an old 13" that I mix and match with them when I feel like it.

I also have 14" new\quick beats, and 15" new beats so I'm lretty covered lol.

TheJarvis

Ultimate get your funk on hats, I've had a pair for a long time now. They record very well, they get out of the way very easily and the cut on them is unbelievable. They are more versatile that folk give them credit for.

I imagine a lot of drummers have a pair in their arsenal.
Agreed, they for me and seems to be for a lot of drummers the forgotten set of hats in the arsenal. I have defiantly fallen in love with mine all over again that's for sure.