Zickosdrummer R.I.P.

I'll be thinking of Maurice, the next time I hear a loud clap of thunder.

As a young child my mom used to tell me it was the gods bowling, but I now know the real truth, for it will be Maurice, thundering-away on his kit from up-above!

Bernard--thanks for posting Gyan's letter.
Great to hear a little bit more about Maurice's life and influence.
Wish we all had more time to have known him better and swap stories.
Condolences to family and friends.

Wasn't Maurice involved heavily into making melodies with his drums? I think I recall him being into that.

Wasn't Maurice involved heavily into making melodies with his drums? I think I recall him being into that.

I'm not sure about that, but I'm pretty sure his choice of drums was very clear.

My condolences to Maurice and his family. Hope he meets any of his personal favorite drummers up there.

A beautiful tribute to a lovely man. My heart goes out to his family, and to all he has touched here.

Thanks for posting Bernard, may he rest in peace. Live your life, laugh and keep playing those drums because we never know when this journey ends.

Peace Bro, I knew you very well from your posts on this site. We had many a meaningful discussion here. I wish that I had the chance to meet you in person. You were a great help to me as a drummer and as a friend.
I will miss you deeply.

Way late to this very sad news but Zickos was a unique and treasured part of this group. Great advice and probably my favorite photo of any (clear kit kit by blue swimming pool)....Many positive blessings to all his family and friends.

Back