YYZ (Rush) Drum Cover

rhumbagirl

Again great sound! IIRC at 2:24 the fill starts with 32nds at 1-da-e.

EDIT: The fade-in of camera #2 and back worked really well. And you didn't have to hire a camera man!

drumfiles

Again great sound! IIRC at 2:24 the fill starts with 32nds at 1-da-e.
You know your way around in yyz - chapeau 😁 The cover is not a 100% like Neil Peart plays it, some small fills are missing or are exchanged for other fills - lets call it "artistic freedom" ;)

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

cool to see someone have to adapt it to a more common sized kit. When I was growing up learning this stuff, all I had was a 4 piece, with 1 HH, crash and ride....had to be pretty creative with some of the longer fills...I think that actually helped me with creating fills in general...

rhumbagirl

You know your way around in yyz - chapeau 😁 The cover is not a 100% like Neil Peart plays it, some small fills are missing or are exchanged for other fills - lets call it "artistic freedom" ;)
Yep, I do! Neil Peart RIP was my "assignment" from teacher Chuck Tilley when I was in junior high. He was supposed to have perfect time and I was to study him. At that point I only had rudiments under my belt.

Anyway not to get too serious, but this is a drum forum, and we're all drummers, and if you're going to cover material from a legendary drummer from a legendary band, whose songs are drummer-centric (their fans invented air-drumming), you're expected to nail the signature fills.

But again, great cover regardless. This actually made my week ~

rhumbagirl

Now that we're friends, I think I should make a song request:

"Break His Spell" by Reo Speedwagon

It's a corny song from the 80s, but reminds me of times as a young adult, wondering where love is and excited about all the possibilities in life. These were the days before climate change and leaded-gasoline-phobia. Thanks

drumfiles

Now that we're friends, I think I should make a song request:

"Break His Spell" by Reo Speedwagon

It's a corny song from the 80s, but reminds me of times as a young adult, wondering where love is and excited about all the possibilities in life. These were the days before climate change and leaded-gasoline-phobia. Thanks
I‘m in. But that’s the easy part. I‘d need a drumless version of this song, which is hard to get.

rhumbagirl

I‘m in. But that’s the easy part. I‘d need a drumless version of this song, which is hard to get.
Wait. I didn't realize your cover was drumless. Do you do shirtless?? Just kidding :)

Let me see if I can locate it for you (the cover, not the shirt) ~

Last edited: