Youtube annotations

Merlin5

Gold Member
Basically, how do you add a clickable box with text inside your video to link to another video? I saw a video made in 2014, and 16 seconds before the end, a transparent box appeared saying 'Here's my latest video' which you can click on to take you there.

I've added a clickable thumbnail to one of my own videos which links to another video of mine, but I can't add text to it. It just shows an image from the video and it's title. The only place I've added text is with a 'card' at the top of the video that you have to click on to show you the text.

Also, the clickable thumbnail is only available in the last 20 seconds of your video, meaning it appears 20 seconds before the end. When I move the timeline marker forward to have it appear let's say in the last 5 seconds and then preview it or save it, it doesn't change, it still appears 20 seconds from the end. Any experts here can help me? :)

edit: sorry, I just saw they ended annotations last year. I'm still curious though if you can move the thumbnail close to the end of a video.

Last edited:
Can you just put the link in the notes below the video? When you post the video, there is a description box.

Can you just put the link in the notes below the video? When you post the video, there is a description box.

I've done that as well. There's 3 links on my video. The card at the top, the thumbnail, and the description. I just think that a box which appears on screen saying 'here's my latest video' or similar is the most convenient and surefire way to get viewers to click, and not some ambiguity as to whose video it is.

Back