your wisdom woodshed

BenOBrienSmith

Here's my current low-volume setup with the L80's and Reflexx pads. I can use drums at full volume in my place but I like to practice certain things on pads and I've been working on some video content with the practice setup lately.

Attachments

cantstandyourfunk

Hey Jason, long time!

This is my living room. Those are my drums. That's my son on 'em. This is also my primary rehearsal space (one can't see the stack of amps on the other wall) with bands that I play in, and also my only woodshed. It is still an apartment and fortunately I have really gracious neighbours (so far, fingers crossed)!

Attachments

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Wow I've missed this. Ok here's where the "magic" occurs in the woodshed-there is technically wood in it too. Two images of it in all it's glory. ROFL

Now I should commit that when I moved in this was unfinished basement-a real chip hole. But just recently spent about 25 grand on installing sound proof wall panels and carpet-the latest in high tech. Completely sound proof but most visible light is transmitted so though I can see it-when I take iPhone pics it appears invisible. That's just an optical illusion it's beautiful in person-sort of glassy translucent high tech look.................Ok, Ok I can't tell a lie-all this "honesty and integrity" here on DW is starting to wash off on me-no it's still a chip hole but it is a diamond in the rough-least my hopes. All of you were making me insecure my drum room is so dank but it's my fault I know (Johnny would have already turned this into a luxury cubical).

Attachments