Your winning lottery ticket and its effect.

when I was in hhigh school, mmy normal "weekend meal" could have been any off the following:
2-3 Quarter Pounders or Whoppers or Wendy's Doubles or Rax BBQ Beef
a 16" pizza to my self
20 White Castle cheeseburgers

I used to pack it in!

as a 53 year old, I now only can get 1 sandwich down, or a 7" pizza; my usual Whiteys order is 8 now

and it is no surprise that I have Type 2 diabetes b/c of being a fat Midwestern kid of the 80's
The first sign that I was slowing down with age: was the inability to pack it in like old times.

Good for us in the long run.

Also, to continue the White Castle hijack:

I grew up in California so they were absolutely unknown to me until 1976 when my family drove across the country to see relatives Back East. It was there that I first encountered the little things. My Great Aunt called them "Deathballs". It was a name that would stick in my head for the next 45 years. This was after White Castle had re-opened a location in Orlando and, in 2021, I had my first real WC since '76.

I did manage 10 of them because... well, 45 years man! Anyway, I'm the only member of my family with this near-obsession so it's a good thing that Orlando is a 2-hour drive or I'd be all over them like a cheap suit.

10_Sliders.jpg

to continue the White Castle hijack:

I grew up in California so they were absolutely unknown to me until 1976 when my family drove across the country to see relatives Back East.
For me, it was when I moved from San Diego to Detroit. I’d heard about them (and “Coney Island“ hot dogs) for about a year before I tried one. After I saw how they cooked the patties, and that there was great food almost everywhere, I never went back.

For me, it was when I moved from San Diego to Detroit. I’d heard about them (and “Coney Island“ hot dogs) for about a year before I tried one. After I saw how they cooked the patties, and that there was great food almost everywhere, I never went back.
How do they cook their patties?

Detroit for me too. Detroit had White Tower too, but weren't small burgers.

Then they started selling White Castle down South in frozen foods aisles in the 90s, I think.

The first sign that I was slowing down with age: was the inability to pack it in like old times.

Good for us in the long run.

Also, to continue the White Castle hijack:

I grew up in California so they were absolutely unknown to me until 1976 when my family drove across the country to see relatives Back East. It was there that I first encountered the little things. My Great Aunt called them "Deathballs". It was a name that would stick in my head for the next 45 years. This was after White Castle had re-opened a location in Orlando and, in 2021, I had my first real WC since '76.

I did manage 10 of them because... well, 45 years man! Anyway, I'm the only member of my family with this near-obsession so it's a good thing that Orlando is a 2-hour drive or I'd be all over them like a cheap suit.

View attachment 124545

damn...I am eating right now, and that is making me hungry!!!

yeah...my wife is from Detroit, and I knew nothing about how militant Detroiters are about their coneys. Growing up in Central Ohio, we just had Cincinnati style chili dogs a la Skyline or Gold Star. I always considered the Detroit style coneys from NYC, cause I had them there like that first. My s**t got jumped big time when I suggested that;

1. Skyline were great - which they are
2. Detroit style Coneys were actually from NYC
3. and they were as good as Cincy coneys, but in a different way

so now i just smile and nod when the Coney Pride happens......

I’m like @larryace . Time and freedom would be the most precious gift as I don’t need anymore drums!! That said, I’d use the cash to build my own home studio to compose and record my own stuff. I’d spend as much time with my wife and son as they’ll let me and set about writing and illustrating a graphic novel. My bro’s and their families would get enough so they could quit work and pursue their own interests. I’d gig with anybody whose company I enjoy and visit/hang out with some of you cats if you were up for it…I’d also track down @C.M. Jones and @felonious69 and ask them where the heck they’ve been this past couple of months!!:)(y)
Mr Strange. I am still existing... just been living life and doing a little bit of "contemplating". I myself would jam/practice more if I could just quit this pesky process of working every day and then being too old, sore, tired and hungry to want to do much of anything other than just relax and be lazy. Good to know that I'm thought of occasionally, though... thanks dude!
I'm still just here in Wisconsin. Just show up and ask someone "Hey, where's that one weird Bob dude?". They'll point you in the right direction.

Depends on the amount. A million dollars can evaporate pretty quickly after taxes, especially if you have lots of grifters/“friends” who want a piece.

Personally, I would start a private arts/music-related foundation. I would invest most of the endowment (I believe you are only required to use 5% of the endowment per year), and I would manage it myself (that would be my job).

So I wouldn’t have a lump sum, but I’d have a job in music, be my own boss, and fairly well-off.

I’d still get a Black Beauty and a basement recording studio though 😄

For me a winning ticket shuts the Sonor factory down while I walk in and observe the building of my phonic kit. It starts at noon until 5 each day until finished. 8x12 18x22 14x14 16x16. In both silver as well as the violet wrap. 2 kits. I want it all professionally videoed to watch occasionally at my Hawaain home after sipping maitais on the beach talking with Cindy Lauper the sexiest woman in rock for an hour.

Last edited:
I worked with a guy who had a partial win, like $250k or something. It was gone in like a month between cars, motorcycles, and toys. At one point he was selling the optional equipment (gps, stereo, etc) off the Harley he bought to pay his bills.
People don't know how to create wealth so this happens a lot with lotto winners.
Invest like was mentioned above to build wealth, you know, like the 1% does.

People don't know how to create wealth so this happens a lot with lotto winners.
Invest like was mentioned above to build wealth, you know, like the 1% does.
I know how to create wealth.
Problem is, when I go ahead and print out a bunch of cash, I go to prison.
But it's ok for the government to just keep printing more.
Kinda a double standard I think.

I would pull a Bachman-Turner and I'd Give it all Away. I wouldn't change my life so just get rid of it-from what I read it seems a curse to more people than a help (but that's probably written by someone who has won the lottery and doesn't want anyone to know how wonderful life is LOL). Anyways.
My mind's made up
Nothing left to say
I'm on my own
I'm givin' it all away
Givin' it all away
Happens everyday
No matter what you say
I'm givin' it all away
Givin' it all away

Back