your throw off ....where is it?

Anon La Ply

Renegade
I'm the exception. I always have it around 11 o'clock. I was pretty wild early on and never felt the need to revise it.

Come to think of it, 9 would be better.

Messerschmitt

Well, mine is at roughly 1:30 - 2 o` clock.
It`s there because 3 and 9 bugs me when i`m playing the double bass pedal and 6 feels weird. It`s accesible and "hidden" at the same time. But it works for me!

dmacc_2

9:00 has proven over the years to work best for me. I've tied 3:00 and 6:00 before and am not comfortable with those locations.

Bad Tempered Clavier

Silver Member
The last snare I bought was the Akira Jimbo Yamaha snare: I tend to always position my snares with the air vent at 12 o'clock which in this instance puts the throw lever at 2 o'clock.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
In the general vicinity of my crotch.
Is that a butt strap consideration Larry?

Me, 7 o'clock, so close to Larry's crotch crusher, but just enough space to avoid the "fumble" lol! Dressing to the left is most comfortable for me. I can't see my way to going for 8mile's straight ahead "Speedo" position ;)

A

Anthony Amodeo

awesome responses

I love hearing about everyones different placement ...and why

interesting to me

toddbishop

Platinum Member
In the general vicinity of my crotch.
That's your answer to everything.

I've never heard it recommended to keep it anywhere but @ about 6 o'clock, so you can confirm visually that you have them off or on-- ergonomics don't really matter here.

mo2vation

About 8:30 for me. Always been there.

This is why the Traps snare freaks me out when I play it. The throw off has ("has" as in the best position for this wacky tupperware kit) to be at 6:00 because of the way the frame is molded.

I can't warm to it there.

8:30 / 9:00 is my placement. If just faster for me there. I do tons of throw off, throw in stuff as I do a lot of jungle drum stuff.

Great thread.

-K

Naigewron

Platinum Member
Since I'm left-handed, it's at my 3-4 o'clock position.
That doesn't make sense to me... Since you're left-handed, shouldn't it be towards the left side of the snare? Or is it because you prefer using your backbeat hand to operate it?