Your plans for 2018 with drums?

KamaK

Platinum Member
Sell: LB-417 and DTX-532.
Buy: Next round of sticks.
Recording: Lay down 1 track a week.
Education: Really/Seriously fix shuffles.

And that's about it.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
1/ Contribute positively to my cover band's transition into original material.

beyondbetrayal

Platinum Member
More live gigs. With both bands having releases this year it's a must.

Try and practice 1 to 2 hours a day.

Hit 1,000,000 views on YouTube. (pointless goal but kindof fun to acheive)
Make more content for YouTube.

Try and get better every day.

Become more musical and tasteful with my playing.

Seafroggys

Silver Member
Gig at least once per month is my New Year's resolution.

I missed out on January (too soon too book a gig anyway) but I am playing an 8 night musical in February that will make up for it. I'm also in 4 bands right now so just from that I should be playing once a month starting in March with one of those guys.

Juniper

Gold Member
Music-wise. Crack on and continue to create new sounds as a band, arrange a short tour, record the next EP.

Drums alone. Practice more and continue to challenge myself by learning new things.

Blisco

Keep the gigging to about 50-60 times this year.

Play more of those with cajon and percussion, if possible.

Avoid the temptation to buy more gear.

Avoid the temptation to buy more lighting gear. <Defacto light guy

Nest away my earnings instead of investing in gear. See above.

Overhaul the set list and add 20-30 new tunes (total playable with this band: 100+/-)

Contribute more to bookings

Edit: will be working more on my left foot and using 3 pedals with it.

Last edited:

mikyok

Platinum Member
I'm enjoying a couple of months off gigging at the moment. I was pretty much non-stop from February - November in 2017 Then back on it for xmas and NYE. Whilst the money is nice I'm enjoying some down time and playing for fun.

As soon as March comes a long I'm back into it. My main goal was to gig as light as possible. That Pearl Midtown is the best £350 I've spent in a time.

Gear wise I'll upgrade my other crash to the Amedia Vintage series. The 20" I got last year is the best cymbal I have ever brought.

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
Just educate myself on technique and being more relaxed. I was always a stiff hand buy...holding my sticks like they were going to fly out.
Saw an instructional video of how to remedy this and it made a world of difference. So much that I wrote "Loose hands" on my snare head. Keeps me focused.

Next is rudiment exercises and just to get my single stroke rolls smooth and fast. Doubles and paradiddles will round out the field there and that's really all I need.

Foot work is always a constant deal. I have some good exercises I do for them and will keep up the fire.

MrTheOne

1. Keep taking lessons, my instructor is a great guy and player, and has the right attitude about professionalism and character, being a stand-up guy in the field and maintaining positive professional relationships

2. Learn how to "market" myself more, i.e. business cards, networking, etc. Get my "hustle" on

3. Continue being a student of all things music industry, swallow ego and pride, keep my eyes and ears open and my mouth shut and just learn from my mentors and the more seasoned cats that hire me

4. Take lots of pics of the Southwest US when I'm on tour in May-June.

5. Find the guts to leave the 9-5 and be a full-time musician

blinky

Just educate myself on technique and being more relaxed. I was always a stiff hand buy...holding my sticks like they were going to fly out.
Saw an instructional video of how to remedy this and it made a world of difference. So much that I wrote "Loose hands" on my snare head. Keeps me focused.
Just curious, what video is that?