Your Place and Drum Gear forums

Merlin5

Gold Member
Sorry, I just realised I should have posted this in the site news forum.

Anyway, nothing important but I always wondered why there are duplicate sections where people post their playing or discuss gear below the subforum headers in both those forums.

There's the 'Your Place' forum which includes sub forums 'Introduce Yourself', 'Your Playing' and 'Your Gear', and then there's another whole section below all that which also says 'Your Place'. The 'Your Playing' section says 'Show us your playing' which is where many, (perhaps most?) people post their playing, and the section below that called 'Your Place' says amongst other things, 'Show us your chops' and a bunch of threads where people also seem to have posted their playing. I've only ever posted my playing in the 'Your Playing' section.

And in the Drum Gear forum there's six sub forums, and below that a whole section of threads which seem to be a mixture of topics you would expect to find in any of the sub forums above. This doesn't bother me, but seems a little confusing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I've been a part of this forum for quite a while...

...yet maybe just a month or so ago, I clicked on "Drum Gear" and accidentally scrolled down...and lo and behold, there's a whole other message board right below it. I didn't even know it existed, and I never even think to post anything there.