Your Opinions on Hardware

Mustion

As others have said, either will deliver as promised but now I'm just considering which hardware would have the best long term utility, versatility and possible resale.
Here's another vote for the Yamaha stuff. You absolutely get what you pay for. But my suggestion is: if you're able to, buy the cymbal stands, snare stand, and hihat separately and used, and spend good money on the kick pedal you want.

I don't really agree with hardware packs including a kick pedal as those tend to be more up to preference, and while it's a perfectly fine light duty or spare pedal, what comes in the Yamaha pack is pretty basic and might not be your cup of tea.

As for drawbacks, the main one with the Yamaha stuff is that the tilters are geared, but for cymbals I don't think that is enough to be a dealbreaker. Meanwhile the snare stand tilter is not geared, which to me is more important anyway.

Om Flyer

Thank you for all the insight!

This is the only other hardware line that I'm curious about before proceeding with the beloved Yamaha 700 Series.

How does the DW 7000 series stack up against Yamaha 700?

Worth the extra $$ ??

AzHeat

Platinum Member

This is the only other hardware line that I'm curious about before proceeding with the beloved Yamaha 700 Series.

Worth the extra $$ ??

Not even remotely. The Yamaha single braced stuff holds up where other manufacturers double braced stuff folds up like a cheap suit. The 7000 series is heavier and not nearly as nice.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member

Worth the extra $$ ??

I do have a DW7500 hi hat stand, and I do like it a lot. But the Yamaha HS740 hi hat seems built much better.

However, Pearls’ H1050 hi hat is pretty well engineered - I’d say a bit better than the DW5500 hi hat.

Tommy_D

Platinum Member
If you want light weight and Tama quality, look at a HH205 hi hat stand, HC83BLS cymbal stands and a HS60w snare stand.

Om Flyer

Quick Update here.
Grateful for all the insight provided here. I ended up the Yamaha 700 series HW and am totally satisfied. The quality and feel is solid and the weight and price is reasonable...everything I was after. Thanks, OM

wildbill

Platinum Member
Quick Update here.
Grateful for all the insight provided here. I ended up the Yamaha 700 series HW and am totally satisfied. The quality and feel is solid and the weight and price is reasonable...everything I was after. Thanks, OM

Yamaha 700 series is what I like too.
You can get the infinite adjustment, non-geared tilters with Yamaha too, but it's in the upper tier, heavy duty hardware.
I had a couple cymbal stands like that, but didn'y see any real benefit to them, and they had the drawback of higher weight.