Your next planned purchase

Shell banks of a custom acrylic and two maple/walnut stave kits, and Paiste Signatures. Should only cost me around 20 grand.

Oh, you mean, realistically? Dunno, probably some cymbal felts.

I don't plan purchases, I just have happy little accidents on ebay as Bob Ross would put it. I think I've only bought two new drums and about five cymbals because it's a lot cheaper to try things and see what you want to keep. Luckily, I've sold a few cymbals and drums over the last year and the general trend is less gear for me.

I’d like to migrate to a rack system.

I’d like to migrate to a rack system.

I am a firm supporter of rack systems. Mine is a well-worn DR-80 from Pearl. It's the square tubed "Jeff Porcaro" inspired model. I got it second hand with 10 clamps for $100 AUD.

It absolutely changed me. Far less stage real estate needed, much quicker set up time..... overall more convenient.

At this point all I plan to buy is sticks and heads. Peace and goodwill.

Sorry about the delay........time zone difference!

Anyways......this is the kit that I want to get. I've always been intrigued by the Mapex Armory kits.View attachment 90480
Ooh I wish this finish had been available when I bought mine :love:

This is my next purchase. Yamaha Live Custom Hybrid Oak snare. I played one in the shop, it was stunning.
1582822504631.png
Well I need some new felts too, but that not so exciting haha

Are lessons with a master player considered a “purchase?”

Absolutely, a good one too. You might not gain stuff, but you gain knowledge and ability. IMO that's a forever purchase that new stuff can't top.

Love mine. Beautiful ping but still has a just enough wash, and it crashes great.

yep...along with those characteristics, the bell sound also sold me on it being the perfect cymbal for me

Buying plenty of baby items but no time/money for drum stuff.

Plus I have everything I need anyway.

Time for me to purchase a wood snare drum. Vintage 70s Premier is likely.

Pete

Replacing all of my cymbal hardware with Yamaha, except for the Tama HH stand.

11678203_800.jpg

Yamaha Absolute Hybrid Maple kit on order.
5-6 month lead time from factory.

Mine will be more of a trade. I have a 22" Zildjian K Custom dry ride that I just don't like. It's not musical at all for what I do & I need a new crash. So I'll shop it around and see what someone can offer.

My next purchase is taking me too long because I know it's going to cost me.
It will likely be a set of 15 Byzance dark hats and maybe a 19 Byzance dark crash to go with the extra thin 20 hammered crash and 20 sand ride.

Back