YOUR bands' album covers

TK-421

We've seen the worst, then the best. Now let's see album art for your bands. Whether you designed the album art or merely performed on the album, is there anything you'd like to show off?

I designed all three of these. The first two are for actual projects I was part of, so I drummed on these albums. The last one is an idea I had that I may end up using someday (the band name for that is something I made up, which again, I may end up using).

LATH cover art-sm.jpg

BNK-Dancer on the road.jpg

SplinterCell.jpg

Do you have anything you'd like to share?

I like the 'Splinter Cell' one! Just something about how that water reflects the nice outlines of the city.

Below are 2 of mine. The first one is of the progressive rock/metal project i play in. At the moment it's just the guitar player and me (wrote those songs with a bass player who left around a year before the recording). We recorded and released this in 2014. Had a bunch of songs and just wanted to record them for our own collection and decided to go all the way. Had a limited run of 100 cd's being made and we haven't sold a single one since :ROFLMAO:
Luckily it has some listeners on Spotify and other platforms, but those are only a couple a month. We still have to break even hehe. Really like the album cover myself and it's a beautiful picture. Kinda disappointed that no one picked up our pun about parental advisory... we're an instrumental band, no lyrics or weird sounds, but we thought it would be hilarious to have that on the cover :LOL:

quivermorehoes.PNG
EDIT: just noticed that it says 0:00 after every song, so i picked the cover that was still work in progress haha. Tracklist is also different, but i can't look up the final version at this moment

The other is the EP i did the drums on when the drummer of that band wasn't available. Eventually joined them, had some fun gigs but never really took off. Eventually left because playing 'simple 4/4 rockbeats' and the stagnation of the band caused me to become demotivated. But overall it was a fun experience and also recording it was a great experience. Took the album cover from the site. Sold a few copies during the EP release party and a couple afterwards, but all that went into the band account.

stthhoes.PNG

I like the 'Splinter Cell' one! Just something about how that water reflects the nice outlines of the city.

Below are 2 of mine. The first one is of the progressive rock/metal project i play in. At the moment it's just the guitar player and me (wrote those songs with a bass player who left around a year before the recording). We recorded and released this in 2014. Had a bunch of songs and just wanted to record them for our own collection and decided to go all the way. Had a limited run of 100 cd's being made and we haven't sold a single one since :ROFLMAO:
Luckily it has some listeners on Spotify and other platforms, but those are only a couple a month. We still have to break even hehe. Really like the album cover myself and it's a beautiful picture. Kinda disappointed that no one picked up our pun about parental advisory... we're an instrumental band, no lyrics or weird sounds, but we thought it would be hilarious to have that on the cover :LOL:

View attachment 97107
EDIT: just noticed that it says 0:00 after every song, so i picked the cover that was still work in progress haha. Tracklist is also different, but i can't look up the final version at this moment

The other is the EP i did the drums on when the drummer of that band wasn't available. Eventually joined them, had some fun gigs but never really took off. Eventually left because playing 'simple 4/4 rockbeats' and the stagnation of the band caused me to become demotivated. But overall it was a fun experience and also recording it was a great experience. Took the album cover from the site. Sold a few copies during the EP release party and a couple afterwards, but all that went into the band account.

View attachment 97108
Thanks, I'm hoping I can use that someday. I like the image in your Seconds to the Hour artwork. It has a nice surreal quality that I'm drawn to.

Your "Parental Advisory" joke reminds me of something the band I was in back in college did. It was a 4-track EP, and we added a disclaimer that it contained four bonus tracks :)

I'll play.

First CD:
downloadfile-5.jpg
Second CD:
Lord of Storms_9660.gif
Third CD, I was not on it, but co-wrote half the songs and the cover art is mine:
500x500.jpg
Was also on a tribute album:
R-5172271-1386479995-7140.jpeg.jpg
I was also on a local band compilation CD, cant find that anywhere. Our demo tape cover was "borrowed" from a book about medieval torture, cant find a good pic of it.

I designed the band logo also.

here are 3 of ours...my most favorite.

we are a lo-fi/surf punk/bubble gum pop band...I describe us as Dick Dale meets The Tubes meets Fugazi meets Superchunk meets Sloan with a heavy metal drummer

these 3 are on Spotify/iTunes etc...

superv.jpeg
3days.jpeg

brin.jpeg

I'll play.

First CD:
View attachment 97110
Second CD:
View attachment 97111
Third CD, I was not on it, but co-wrote half the songs and the cover art is mine:
View attachment 97112
View attachment 97113
I was also on a local band compilation CD, cant find that anywhere. Our demo tape cover was "borrowed" from a book about medieval torture, cant find a good pic of it.

cool...just followed on Spotify!!!

Allright, first up my latest album (with my latest band) Under The Oak:
88257389_265470097791764_594190875517517824_n.jpg

Followed up with my albums with what has been my main band the last 13 years, Mecalimb (Melodic Death Metal):
de1.jpg
de2.jpg
de3.jpg
de4.jpg

All available on Spotify, iTunes etc...

Last edited:
We've seen the worst, then the best. Now let's see album art for your bands. Whether you designed the album art or merely performed on the album, is there anything you'd like to show off?

I designed all three of these. The first two are for actual projects I was part of, so I drummed on these albums. The last one is an idea I had that I may end up using someday (the band name for that is something I made up, which again, I may end up using).

View attachment 97104

View attachment 97105

View attachment 97103

Do you have anything you'd like to share?
Awesome creative designs! Love the inverted shadows on the first and the reversed reflection in the third. The second one is simple yet revealing.

I'll play.

First CD:
View attachment 97110
Second CD:
View attachment 97111
View attachment 97112
View attachment 97113

Not sure how to pronounce Maleficus (is that a gender-specific plant?) but that is excellent artistic gothicy and captivating with the cat's (?) eye. Seeing your artwork I now understand your username haha

Not sure how to pronounce Maleficus (is that a gender-specific plant?) but that is excellent artistic gothicy and captivating with the cat's (?) eye. Seeing your artwork I now understand your username haha
ma-LIFF-ih-cuss

It loosely means evil doer, wicked, etc. I was out of the band when the name was chosen.

So cool. I like Shinola, especially shallow, that girl is dead and 6 monkey trampoline. Plan to listen to all of these too! ?

thanks!!! That Girl Is Dead was a crowd favorite back when we were "in it"

We got told by someone in Seattle, who already owned the rights to Shinola, to change it or pay up....found out they were just a local cover band...really?

But anyways, I like Go Robot, Go better...it fit the image better

Not technically an album cover but the best I can muster. My first and only studio experience a long long time ago includes Wave, Some Skunk Funk and Satin Doll. 8 hours of sheer blissful hell but a lot of fun and grateful to the band director for making it happen

Attachments

• 5A34D37C-D194-4D65-937C-CD4222455A08.jpeg
    5A34D37C-D194-4D65-937C-CD4222455A08.jpeg
    557.6 KB · Views: 2
thanks!!! That Girl Is Dead was a crowd favorite back when we were "in it"

We got told by someone in Seattle, who already owned the rights to Shinola, to change it or pay up....found out they were just a local cover band...really?

But anyways, I like Go Robot, Go better...it fit the image better
I thought shinola was a chewing tobacco so how could a cover band own it? They don’t know s..t from Shinola

Not technically an album cover but the best I can muster. My first and only studio experience a long long time ago includes Wave, Some Skunk Funk and Satin Doll. 8 hours of sheer blissful hell but a lot of fun and grateful to the band director for making it happen

dude!! I remember my jazz band going into the studio in HS - 1986. Our rhythm section was made up of 3 of the 4 guys in my rock band back then: me on bass, my friend Jer on drums, and my friend Andy on guitar. We had recorded at the studio before so we knew the engineer and the set up. It was a blast and also a bi**h b/c our director knew NOTHING about being in the studio, but wanted to be in charge. We did so many unnecessary takes b/c he would not let the engineer do his job...

on the cool side, we actually got to mix the album, do overdub solo's and help with set up and tear down. We were definitely "studio rats" back then

I thought shinola was a chewing tobacco so how could a cover band own it? They don’t know s..t from Shinola

and we did, which is what inspired the name...

Back