You know you’re getting old when...

felonious69

According to this commercial (and they all apply to me now-a-days) HPV can affect males and females, so now I have to go and get my pap smudged I guess.😟
I didn't even know I had a pap until I started paying attention to these commercials.

felonious69

I'm 55 and was never very into video games or comics. I like some of the superhero movies but I was never really up on the characters.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I dont know what I would do without them. I'm 44, and have been playing them my whole life. I dont have a first video game experience memory. They have been there the whole time.

I'm not a play for 12 hours a day person. Never was. But an hour or so a day, or unwinding on them after work has always been a thing. It's a good hand/eye/life distraction. Sometimes my kid and I will start a game together then the next thing I know 3 hours have passed.
wow...I am the opposite...MOST of my childhood life was spent without video games. We had an Atari 2600, but it got played probably 10% of the time. Currently I have 2 games - Civ 6 and Northgard - and I play them occasionally. I could NOT imagine a childhood spent inside in front of a tv all the time. My Type A personality would not let that happen....

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
wow...I am the opposite...MOST of my childhood life was spent without video games. We had an Atari 2600, but it got played probably 10% of the time. Currently I have 2 games - Civ 6 and Northgard - and I play them occasionally. I could NOT imagine a childhood spent inside in front of a tv all the time. My Type A personality would not let that happen....
Oh I did plenty of other things. My brother and I would spend most of our day playing outside. But I've always enjoyed playing games, be them video or not. We played lots of board and card games too. Games were big at my house.

My nephew is a video game junky. He does nothing else, and is incredibly out of shape. He is 19, doesnt work, doesnt drive, has no friends, no ambitions, no future plans/goals, no life skills, and stares at the tv all day long. My sister in law has just now figured out he might have a problem.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Oh I did plenty of other things. My brother and I would spend most of our day playing outside. But I've always enjoyed playing games, be them video or not. We played lots of board and card games too. Games were big at my house.

My nephew is a video game junky. He does nothing else, and is incredibly out of shape. He is 19, doesnt work, doesnt drive, has no friends, no ambitions, no future plans/goals, no life skills, and stares at the tv all day long. My sister in law has just now figured out he might have a problem.
yeah, we were also big into board games in my family...and then I discovered D&D in 79...that also became a "thing" in our neighborhood. Still play that today! My friend had a HUGE tree house that his dad had built between 4 trees. It was 16 feet in the air; at least 20x20, with a railing all around it, and a canopy type cover also spread among the trees. We pretty much lived there all summer, and would play D&D, as well as other games up there...

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I go in a lot of people's houses for my work and I see a lot of men that, in my opinion, are too old to be playing video games, playing video games.

They are a time sink that's about it.

P

Peedy

You know you’re old, when you are talking to a friend about hookers and blow and you’re actually describing a windy fishing trip.
In my mind’s eye is a boat, tilting in a strong gale breeze. In it are you, two ladies of the evening, someone’s stash of illegal drugs and dang, a whole lotta freshly caught fish.

See? Now everybody’s happy. And just to be clear, it’s the fish that’s making them happy.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Well people have a chronological age and then a biological age which is thought to be linked to telomere length and shortening (linked with aging, cancer, and susceptibility to disease) during cell division-and lifestyle choices can impact that too. I've always noted how some people age prematurely. I figure though my chronological age is 65 biologically I can't be a day older than 40 and cognitively I'm probably 13-14 if that old LOL. I kinda like aging cause it's better than being dead and I no longer age.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

If you grew up like this you just might be ......
Oooold !!!! Enjoy the memories old F’ers 😂

how did any of us survive?

I proudly did!!!
Well people have a chronological age and then a biological age which is thought to be linked to telomere length and shortening (linked with aging, cancer, and susceptibility to disease) during cell division-and lifestyle choices can impact that too. I've always noted how some people age prematurely. I figure though my chronological age is 65 biologically I can't be a day older than 40 and cognitively I'm probably 13-14 if that old LOL. I kinda like aging cause it's better than being dead and I no longer age.
chronologically I am 51, biologically probably about the same, but maturity? 27-28...

arpic75

Chronologically- 45, Biologically- 900 ( I have a lot of joint and nerve damage to go with 12 screws and a 10" stainless plate holding my right ankle and lower leg together), Maturity- 8-10

Even with all my joint and nerve issues, I can still sit behind the kit for better than an hour.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Chronologically- 45, Biologically- 900 ( I have a lot of joint and nerve damage to go with 12 screws and a 10" stainless plate holding my right ankle and lower leg together), Maturity- 8-10

Even with all my joint and nerve issues, I can still sit behind the kit for better than an hour.
yeah, my Type 2 diabetes and heart attack put my biological age higher than I wish it was (thank you typical American diet), but I am doing every thing that I can to buffer that. Still play drums, ride my bikes and play hockey...

rhumbagirl

When the grocery clerk forgets to card you for buying a 36 case of beer.
When the movie theater gives you a senior citizens discount without asking.
When your age is within shouting distance of the President of the United States (well, the past president).

bearblastbeats

when you take 3 weeks PT for shoulder pain from drumming.

I'm 33, but my doctor tells me I have a body of an 80 year old.

I'm 33, and every time I get a hair cut my barber asks me when I'm turning 40. (I have more grey than brown hair)

When I start getting bored, or tired, at a party or get together. I tell everyone that my son (who is 1) needs to go to bed/nap.

felonious69

I am 55 and a half...Ok three quarters. All week long I have not felt a day under 80.
Maturity wise...up for debate. Persistence wise...just getting started!
When I was a kid a rock and a stick were our friends.
Peter Jones and I were walking home from school and I found THE MOST AWESOME skipping rock!
I wound up...whipped that sucker as hard as I could...WORST throw in history.
Bounced off Peter's head and he fell unconscious into the creek.
All I saw was a swirl of mud and blood.
Grabbed him by the collar out of the water and he woke up and told me he didn't see how well the rock skipped (unaware that I had just almost killed him).
I looked at all the blood and said "We gotta go"!
What I received after explaining to my parents (and his) would be considered child abuse today.