You know you’re getting old when...

Hewitt2

Yep! And you say to yourself, "She should stop coloring her hair and let it go silver. Silver hair would look good on her."
the irony being young girls spend hundreds of dollars on hair treatments to have silver hair.

jimb

I can drive 2 hrs to a gig, if I've forgotten my earplugs its game over I'm going home, I hv a note on the dsh board to remind me.

felonious69

When your first pack of cigarettes was 50 cents, which you bought at 12 using a note from your older sister (and you FINALLY realized: They never keep the note).

iCe

Well I'm 36 and that is by no means old, but i get more and more annoyed when people disrupt the once so quiet neighborhood i live in xD

Well I'm 36 and that is by no means old, but i get more and more annoyed when people disrupt the once so quiet neighborhood i live in xD
Oh I feel that comment more than I should. with my 34 years I already get irritated when People are uselessly noisy...

Also now, in the mid-30s the Moments of "oh damn, that Album came out 20 years ago, and I remember it." become more and more frequent, and I cant say Im enjoying it. :D Jokes aside, I actually dont care, getting older is what it is, nothing one can do about it... growing up tho... thats optional and I will fight against it, one silly meme at a time.

NouveauCliche

I'm 37 going on like 60.

I don't like loud car stereos, I go to bed early despite being a musician (We don't do bar gigs, mostly PACs that end at like 8), I get annoyed when my neighbors have parties that last past 9pm 10pm latest haha, the list goes on.

However - I know that I'm old when I'm talking to younger people and they just have NO concept of the bands I'm referring to...like Paul Simon or whatever.

Also - they have this odd excitement when I talk about 90s bands because the 90s are retro cool right now - when I mention a band like No Doubt - there's this glimmer of recognition and excitement.

There's also a lot of new musicians I haven't heard of - mostly in the like the pop/rap scene.

Slang is also changing - someone said "No Cap" to me the other day and I had zero point of reference for what they meant.

However - to combat that - I made a TikTok - so at least at the very basically I understand that aspect of modern culture hahaha.

Reactions: iCe

iCe

I'm 37 going on like 60.

I don't like loud car stereos, I go to bed early despite being a musician (We don't do bar gigs, mostly PACs that end at like 8), I get annoyed when my neighbors have parties that last past 9pm 10pm latest haha, the list goes on.

However - I know that I'm old when I'm talking to younger people and they just have NO concept of the bands I'm referring to...like Paul Simon or whatever.

Also - they have this odd excitement when I talk about 90s bands because the 90s are retro cool right now - when I mention a band like No Doubt - there's this glimmer of recognition and excitement.

There's also a lot of new musicians I haven't heard of - mostly in the like the pop/rap scene.

Slang is also changing - someone said "No Cap" to me the other day and I had zero point of reference for what they meant.

However - to combat that - I made a TikTok - so at least at the very basically I understand that aspect of modern culture hahaha.
Yes, exactly that! I don't have TikTok and am distancing myself more and more from social media, but i can't help thinking 'omg am i turning into someone that doesn't bother to keep up with all the new apps etc' xD

moodman

When your first pack of cigarettes was 50 cents, which you bought at 12 using a note from your older sister (and you FINALLY realized: They never keep the note).
I quit when they were 35cents a pack and remember when 2 pennies were included in the cellophane, in machines, to give change for a quarter when they were 23cents a pack.
My first sticks cost $.50, most stands were $9.99, toms were $30 to $60 etc, getting old? Got old already!

Last edited:

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Oh I feel that comment more than I should. with my 34 years I already get irritated when People are uselessly noisy...
I'm 37 going on like 60.

Just wait. I'm 44 and live in the woods where its quiet. Now the tv is my source of annoyance. Cant even watch Judge Judy anymore because all she does is yell at and belittle people. She doesnt act right, regardless of age, social status, or education. It's mostly only game shows for me now.

Talk shows try to change the way we think. The news only drags out old, controversial topics. Nothing is new. Reality shows are as far from reality as possible, unless nursery school maturity levels are your thing. I dont like sports, and anything with Americas "best, top, greatest, etc." has nothing best, top, or greatest about it.

And then there is American Ninja Warrior. America doesnt have, and never did have, ninjas. Not only that, ninjas arent big mouthed, look at me, self promoting windbags. Real ninjas would mop the floor with any ANW contestant, and do so silently without being detected. That's how ninjas operate, not with their mouths in big fantastic contests.

Even commercials. They make sure we all know there is something wrong with us. So all commercials are for beauty products, drugs, or lawyers to get us $$$ because the products to help us are actually bad for us. So even if you have nothing wrong with you, you still do because you are a human and are not happy with yourself. And if you are then you must have a mental issue, because no one is naturally that happy all the time.

TV used to be a fun, nice way to spend time. Now it's a human thought and behavior manipulation device. And since I wont bow to its authority, it has figured out how to raise my anxiety/anger so it can kill me by heart attack or stroke. Its conform or die, and the TV is the ultimate medium since just about everyone has one.

The TV has become my enemy. I cant play video games without it. Getting old sucks.