You know you’re getting old when...

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
When you know you’re screwed if you go somewhere without your reading glasses.
How's this: My 21 year old daughter bought a VR headset recently. I wanted to try it, so I put it on. It was blurry with my glasses on, so I took them off. It was still blurry with them off, and I cant get it to focus either way.

I cant do anything without my glasses except read and sit down.

cbphoto

Gold Member
How's this: My 21 year old daughter bought a VR headset recently. I wanted to try it, so I put it on. It was blurry with my glasses on, so I took them off. It was still blurry with them off, and I cant get it to focus either way.
I thought those things had some kind of electronic dioptric adjustment. For the price, they should.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I thought those things had some kind of electronic dioptric adjustment. For the price, they should.
It has a knob, just like a telescope. It just doesnt move the lenses enough for me. Oh well, I can still watch movies and play games on a tv. I think I like that better anyhow.

Smoke

Silver Member
It is true though. He needed to play with those guys to get a second lift in his career to a younger generation.
Or was it the other way around;) seemed to work for all concerned, though. When I retrieved a few Santana albums from the basement and pointed out a few tunes, my son said, "Oh."

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
What a Dad joke.
Right? That's a dad joke?
Yea it is... I'm sure it is. It's funny as hell.
Funny I said... dammit.
Unfortunately not a dad joke, but something I actually did today while separating a 10lb tube of meat into 6 individual pounds and 12 hamburger patties. I am a dad, so I guess sure, but I'm home alone right now so no one saw it!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

my first "you know you are old" moment came when I was 30 (in 1999): at the school I teach drumline at, one of our longstanding traditions is to get together early on Sat mornings to tune, and clean the drums. This is also accompanied with donuts, cereal and other food. Lots of joking and fun. Then we rep for a few hours before the rest of the band gets there. SO, I was doing my tuning duties, and was playing some Iron Maiden.
One of the kids came up and. said "Who is this?"
I proudly announced that it was Iron Maiden.
He goes: "Oh, that's old people music"

I was crushed....that was it. At 30. I was officially an "Old People". I was like "no...Elvis is old people music. Arlo Guthrie is old people music..."

Now i get it anytime I try to use current technology around my students...or when I wax poetic about the old days when the instructors threw rocks at you if you ticked; or you weren't allowed to have water; or how we would pay our band director to beat us...

Drake12321

You almost always stay at home and see your friends on weekends. And your friends are not ready to just take and suddenly leave for the ocean, without even warning mom.

acsunda

I teach middle school. Every day I feel a little older and a little more out of touch. I have a significant patch of gray show up in my beard over the last couple of years and I’m pretty sure I could attribute each gray hair to a specific student who caused it 😆

tfgretsch

I teach middle school. Every day I feel a little older and a little more out of touch. I have a significant patch of gray show up in my beard over the last couple of years and I’m pretty sure I could attribute each gray hair to a specific student who caused it 😆
THats great that you are a drum teacher, if i was good enough to be a teacher,i would find that kid who really is a drummer inside,but needs alot of help getting it out to his hands, and when he does just sit back and watch nature take over,and think wow i just put another drummer on his way. Keep up with the good work !!

acsunda

THats great that you are a drum teacher, if i was good enough to be a teacher,i would find that kid who really is a drummer inside,but needs alot of help getting it out to his hands, and when he does just sit back and watch nature take over,and think wow i just put another drummer on his way. Keep up with the good work !!
Actually, I’m an art teacher. I would be a terrible drum teacher, I never practiced my rudiments! But I have brought my drums in as drawing props on occasion! 😆