You know you’re getting old when...

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I hope I never know. I guess if you don't wake up one day-then you're as old as you're going to get. What if you never aged -no have to at least make it to puberty to reproduce so you age to 30 then live forever. Heaven or Hell??

felonious69

You know you're getting old when "Lifetime Membership" Doesn't sound like such a good deal anymore

You can remember when harass was two words
When loading the dishwasher meant buying the wife a few drinks

felonious69

Going to an Alice Cooper concert in '79 and completely into the concert, like everyone else.
Going to an Alice Cooper concert WAY later and "feeling for" all the very concerned Chaperones that probably had no idea!

felonious69

I also like album continuity...SEQUENCE OF EVENTS!!!! These days it really irks me...When I hear Waitin' For The Bus, I expect to IMMEDIATELY hear Jesus Just Left Chicago right after it (and no dead one-second gap between). It should be federal law! And when I hear Speak to Me/Breathe, I expect to hear On The Run, Time, and The Great Gig In The Sky...Again...Federal law! These days with playlists and shuffle...FINE! BUT, Shuffle should not supersede these laws. Does THAT make me old?
Sorry...I was listening to some music and I lost it for a sec.

Smoke

Silver Member
Some observations:

All your leg hair is gone. (happened to my Dad too - a generational thing?)
Your nose and ear hair grow faster than your head hair (provided you still have head hair - mine's been gone since 1980.)
Why can't your smartphone just make reliable telephone calls?
You don't get a new dog/cat, because this time it might outlive you.
Sunrises seem better than sunsets.
You record your "to-do list" in a Field Notes book and keep it in your pocket, so you can remember what you need to get from the grocery/homegoods store.
(no affiliation, but very handy!)
You question the sanity of replying to *You know you're getting older when...*

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
...all these hot new drummers you admire are at least half your age.

...there are tv commercials targeted at your age group.

...thing that used to be fun are now just bad ideas (roller coasters, skateboards, etc.).

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Rollercoasters are out...Hard liquor is out...Eating good food (a hard thing to do these days) is like really important. My brain is in ascent, but my body is in descent...Life to me is hilarious anymore, most things don't matter...

I'm laughing out loud at some of the stuff you guys are writing, felonius, you are killing me!

felonious69

Was debating with the cute young girl at Walgreens. She asked for my rewards card....then tells me "That's not it" I said "It will work" She says "No it has to say Walgreens, This one says 'Ah..Ah..Ahhhrp'".