You know you’re getting old when...

Smoke

Silver Member
You know your old when your boss,pastor/rabbi/counselor, physicians, coworkers, band mates, spouse, ....,are ALL younger than you. I had an uncle who lived to be in his 90s still active , driving, doing his thing . I’d always ask how he was doing and he’d always say “Really good except most everyone I’ve known in life is dead.” I’d just laugh it off but now sheesh
My dad made it to 87. Said he'd get the newspaper and check the obituaries first to see if his name was there. I was getting into my late 50's and would often quiz him on "getting older." He said, "Time really flies - if you're not paying attention, you might miss a whole season!" After attending a schoolmate's funeral he remarked, "Ya know? I just realized. I've got more dead family and friends than I do living ones!?!" I haven't tipped THAT scale yet, but the >living< pan is getting lighter.

Peedy

When you use pot for the pain and not for the fun.
I'm gonna call a lower case bs on this one. I would claim that it's WHEN you're older, if you use such things, you've become wise enough to understand the importance of integrating the two. But OF COURSE, I'm not talking from experience. Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge, say no more.

Peedy

You know you're getting old when . . . you totally identify with the title character rather than the Neil Young's perspective at the time.

Pete

Chollyred

My dad made it to 87. Said he'd get the newspaper and check the obituaries first to see if his name was there. I was getting into my late 50's and would often quiz him on "getting older." He said, "Time really flies - if you're not paying attention, you might miss a whole season!" After attending a schoolmate's funeral he remarked, "Ya know? I just realized. I've got more dead family and friends than I do living ones!?!" I haven't tipped THAT scale yet, but the >living< pan is getting lighter.
A pastor friend was visiting a 102 year old lady in the nursing home. She was still in great health. The pastor asked her "When you get to heaven, what questions do you have to GOD?" She said "I'm going to ask him what I did wrong to live so long. All of my friends, all of my kids, and some of my grandchildren have all passed away. I don't have any friends my age, so why?"

She passed away two days later.....

oldmetalhead

You know you are getting old when the majority of music out there does not use acoustic drums, has no feeling or meaning, relies on dumb videos that show excessive amounts of bling, weed and women wearing almost nothing.