You know you’re getting old when...

felonious69

Thinking a lot about getting old.
Woke up really early, so:

I find myself waitin’ at the bus stop

Homey comes right up to me

Speaking puzzling stuff ,like What it be?

And in this half hour of his speaking

He keeps rambling quite incessantly

You see what I’m sayin’? What it be?

What it be

What it be

What it be

What it be

What the hell does that mean? What it be.

Don’t even get me started

How his waistband’s barely ‘bove his knee

Speaking to his wisdom. What it be?

He acts completely startled

When it’s plain that I just don’t agree

Why you gotta be playin’? What it be?

What it be

What it be

What it be

What it be

I don’t care what you’re sayin’, What it be?

I grew up with far out and groovy

That was what we’d strive to be

Now it’s dope and bitchin’,, What it be?

Back in the day hot babes and girls and chicks

Was all we’d want to see

Now it’s just Hos and Bitches, What it be?

What it be

What it be

What it be

What it be

I don’t fit in these niches, What it be?

His ignorance displayed so proudly

As if that’s impressing me

Not a freakin’ chance, dude, What it be?

I’m sure that there’s an app for that

Can teach you where your belt should be

No belt? You could borrow, What it be?

What it be

What it be

What it be

What it be

Taking a cab tomorrow, What it be?

Just sayin'
(First draft...now off to work)

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Wow Felonius just add the Beatles "Let it Be" music to your new lyrics and you have a new hit song. "What it be, What it be, What it be. Whisper words of wisdom. What it be. " So is 69 your age or just a personal preference LOL?

felonious69

I wasn't born that early. ( Or that late, for that matter)

felonious69

I was born in 65, but that threw my back out.
Don't try this at home, kids!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
So it’s just a personal preference. Yeah I like it too. I remember watching Get Smart and fantasies of 69 and 99. So yes I was gifted mathematically as a young lad too. Wow I was born in 55-so we must be brothers.

moodman

When you have the time for bird watching, my list:
Eagles, blue herons, egrets, geese, ducks & loons, finches, cardinals, all the different woodpeckers, bluejays, bluebirds, hawks, wild turkeys, baltimore orioles, buzzards, hummingbirds, red-wing blackbirds, crows, pigeons, doves, starlings, owls, pheasants, peacocks (domestic)

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
When you have the time for bird watching, my list:
Eagles, blue herons, egrets, geese, ducks & loons, finches, cardinals, all the different woodpeckers, bluejays, bluebirds, hawks, wild turkeys, baltimore orioles, buzzards, hummingbirds, red-wing blackbirds, crows, pigeons, doves, starlings, owls, pheasants, peacocks (domestic)
That's quite a list. Do all these birds live in your neck of the woods? And no roadrunners?

We have a good chunk on that list here in Arkansas. Of all the different birds we have, I'm fascinated by the turkey vulture. They are everywhere. And they are huge. Sometimes they will be munching on a carcass on the side of the road and bow up to the car as you drive by. If you watch them, they fly for miles on end without ever flapping their wings. Sometimes, one turkey vulture will be alone riding a thermal, gaining altitude. Next thing you know there are 20 of them, all riding the same thermal. It's a very interesting bird.

I mentioned in another thread about a summer tanager tapping on my window. It's still doing it at like 6:00 in the morning. Part of me doesnt care, part of me wants to set a mousetrap with berries.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I like Bird watching too. The neighborhood park is suppose to be a bird sanctuary but it's a feral cat feeding ground since the third litter of feral cats I've seen since I've moved here. It's become a huge problem-I took down all my feeders because my neighbor said the cats are stalking it. I like bird calls -I'm a whistling fool and can call numerous species-bird songs are fascinating-some song birds have a genetic program but most learn songs just like we do as I recollect.

Macarina

Silver Member
5 am would be a blessing. 345am, 4 if I'm super lucky.
Reminds me of (pun intended) old joke….

"Sixty is the worst age to be," said the 60-year-old man. "You always feel like you have to pee and most of the time you stand there and nothing comes out."

"Ah, that's nothin," said the 70-year-old. "When you're seventy, you don't have a bowel movement any more. You take laxatives, eat bran, sit on the toilet all day and nothin' comes out!"

"Actually," said the 80-year -old, "Eighty is the worst age of all."

"Do you have trouble peeing, too?" asked the 60-year old.

"No, I pee every morning at 6:00. I pee like a racehorse on a flat rock: no problem at all."

"So, do you have a problem with your bowel movement?"

"No, I have one every morning at 6:30."

Exasperated, the 60-year-old said, "You pee every morning at 6:00 and crap every morning at 6:30. So what's so bad about being 80?"

"I don't wake up until 7:00."

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I called the cops yesterday. There was a neighboring small town cop in front of me, probably on his way to work. He had a whole ring of keys hanging out the keyhole of his hatch. If I had the time and wasnt on my way to pick up my kid, I would have pulled him over. Oh how I would love to pull over a cop. Anyhow, I called their police station and told the lady on the phone who said she would figure it out.

The younger me would not have done so, and would have hoped his keys fell out and became lost.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
My kid brought home a light bulb today for her room. It contains a chip and is remote operated. A light bulb. Now I know for sure I'm getting old.