You know you’re getting old when...

wraub

Tesla was, and still is, an incredibly interesting figure imo. I actually have a couple of books on the man, and even have a Tesla t-shirt I wear on occasion (it was free at a convention, but... yeah).
The stories of him inducing earthquakes and harnessing and offering free electricity are just the beginnings of his creativity... It's no wonder some believe he had to be stopped.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Tesla was, and still is, an incredibly interesting figure imo. I actually have a couple of books on the man, and even have a Tesla t-shirt I wear on occasion (it was free at a convention, but... yeah).
The stories of him inducing earthquakes and harnessing and offering free electricity are just the beginnings of his creativity... It's no wonder some believe he had to be stopped.
Indeed!

felonious69

OK, but was he stopped, and/or ripped off?

someguy01

OK, but was he stopped, and/or ripped off?
He was a victim of Edison's propaganda. Edison was a thief and a BS artist who tried to (and mostly succeeded at the time) to destroy Tesla and AC power as Edison was Mr. DC and didn't like the competition. Plus, Tesla was a foreigner and easy to attack. It's a terrible story of man who was an amazing mind and talent.

felonious69

A foreigner and easy to attack.
Never heard THAT ONE before!

(I couldn't remember which one is the sarcasm font)

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
My Mom, RIP, was balancing her check book, something she did down to the penny monthly, and then went to change the channel on the TV and kept pushing 8 then 5 trying to get channel 13. Too much calculator.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Tesla and related posts have nothing to do with getting old, me thinks.

felonious69

Sorry...
Being old is not the only factor that helps me to be easily sidetracked and distracted. I used to be blonde too... kinda like a double whammy.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

He was a victim of Edison's propaganda. Edison was a thief and a BS artist who tried to (and mostly succeeded at the time) to destroy Tesla and AC power as Edison was Mr. DC and didn't like the competition. Plus, Tesla was a foreigner and easy to attack. It's a terrible story of man who was an amazing mind and talent.

great song...great subject matter!! Go Tesla!!

someguy01

Tesla and related posts have nothing to do with getting old, me thinks.
Tangents due to CRS are a staple of knowing you're getting old. This randomness 100% belongs here.

felonious69

I'm glad I came here.
It was either get some drums and try to learn to play em, or stick to being a so-so air vocalist.

felonious69

When, because of your decades on this sphere, you are really torn between intervening and just witnessing when your brain says to you:
"Oh, he's not gonna...is he?"

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

When, because of your decades on this sphere, you are really torn between intervening and just witnessing when your brain says to you:
"Oh, he's not gonna...is he?"

if it isn't going to directly affect me, I just witness sometimes...you know? Letting people learn by failing is sometimes the best way...

that is whay my dad used to call "erasing ignorance"