You know you’re getting old when...

someguy01

I am still awaiting a sarcasm font. It is one of those things that causes so many issues online as sarcasm just doesn't convey well through text. I have caused my own issues in text messages because sarcasm is the number one service I offer.
I am aware that stupider is NOT a word it was sarcasm but I guess you missed it...

J-W

I am aware that stupider is NOT a word it was sarcasm but I guess you missed it...

Ah ha! I didn't catch the sarcasm, but I love it. (y)
I should have known because I use that one sarcastically as well. However, my old business partner did not, and used it ALL the time. It didn't take long for me to buy him out.

rhumbagirl

I am still awaiting a sarcasm font. It is one of those things that causes so many issues online as sarcasm just doesn't convey well through text. I have caused my own issues in text messages because sarcasm is the number one service I offer.
On Twitter, it's '/s' at the end to signify sarcasm.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I opened a Twitter account but I don’t remember twitting on it. Not enough space to stream so

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Maybe we should in person short videos like zoom. That would be a “mess”-in about every use of the word. I can’t type as fast as I think so my diatribes would be at least an hour or more. Oh heck no. I wrote a letter to our architectural committee we need to paint our house. I let my wife proof read and she condensed my 4 pages into 2. There are pics too- but dang I’m a Rambler.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Four pages to say you need to paint your house. Good lord boy. Dear committee, we need to paint our house. The end.
You'd think so Johnny. We moved into this Golf club community-neither of us play golf but available, right size, and close to her parents. But anyways lots of rules-and I discover to plant a shrub or do anything to outside of yard or outside of house has to go through a committee. My blood pressure is going up thinking about-maybe the tone was off a bit too. We had some yard stuff needed to change and we have these fancy shutters to crowded for space we hate. We want to remove all of them. Since lots of homes have these exact same shutter-she reasonably thinks it might be an issue-hence my dissertation why I want them off. I've had to take pics of neighboring homes to see how my new color fits in-bite me that pisses me off more. I said "Let it go, Let it go" so maybe I went off a bit. I felt better if that's any consolation. I sent it off edited-probably a good thing LOL. Sherwin-Williams has an app you can scan your image in and paint it. So I painted our house in image and put in with the neighbors-which one neighbor is going to paint his-so should be interesting how their micromanaging works out. I had a bunch of pics close up-bought sample of paint and painted a big sheet of paper took pics of that in different light. I pounded the MFers with detailed info and pic-had arrows. She threw out most. Yeah I went a little over board. Still infuriates me. I've served on a homeowners association one time-pull my eyes out with inane bull chips. I hated finding many of neighbors were insane or idiots-Let it Go, Let it Go. What's that number for the anger management hotline LOL.

Last edited:

doggyd69b

You'd think so Johnny. We moved into this Golf club community-neither of us play golf but available, right size, and close to her parents. But anyways lots of rules-and I discover to plant a shrub or do anything to outside of yard or outside of house has to go through a committee. My blood pressure is going up thinking about-maybe the tone was off a bit too. We had some yard stuff needed to change and we have these fancy shutters to crowded for space we hate. We want to remove all of them. Since lots of homes have these exact same shutter-she reasonably thinks it might be an issue-hence my dissertation why I want them off. I've had to take pics of neighboring homes to see how my new color fits in-bite me that pisses me off more. I said "Let it go, Let it go" so maybe I went off a bit. I felt better if that's any consolation. I sent it off edited-probably a good thing LOL. Sherwin-Williams has an app you can scan your image in and paint it. So I painted our house in image and put in with the neighbors-which one neighbor is going to paint his-so should be interesting how their micromanaging works out. I had a bunch of pics close up-bought sample of paint and painted a big sheet of paper took pics of that in different light. I pounded the MFers with detailed info and pic-had arrows. She threw out most. Yeah I went a little over board. Still infuriates me. I've served on a homeowners association one time-pull my eyes out with inane bull chips. I hated finding many of neighbors were insane or idiots-Let it Go, Let it Go. What's that number for the anger management hotline LOL.
And that is why I will never buy a house with HOA or the likes....

No Way Jose

Silver Member

No, it's a real word, it just hasn't appeared in somebody's dictionary yet.

someguy01

And that is why I will never buy a house with HOA or the likes....
+1
No committee will ever dictate what I can and can't do with the property I own and upon which I pay the taxes. That was the one stipulation I had for my agent when we were house shopping.
HOA board folks are ridiculous.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
+1
No committee will ever dictate what I can and can't do with the property I own and upon which I pay the taxes. That was the one stipulation I had for my agent when we were house shopping.
HOA board folks are ridiculous.
Same here. HOA should be deemed as a discriminatory body at this point in time and cancelled. Where are all the Karen's at? Oh wait, they are the HOA.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
The index finger on my right hand has been aching for a while. Most of it is from sanding and pressing down on the sanding block. I have been wrapping it in that elastic tape that doesn’t stick to itself because it is easy to take off when necessary. Yesterday I took the wrap off, took a shower and when I got out I wrapped it again. I kept flexing it and bending it with my left hand trying to keep it loose and was surprised at how good it felt . I thought maybe the hot water from the shower had helped and was really feeling good when I noticed i had wrapped my middle finger and not my index finger. Time ro register at the home.

Sonorfan

The index finger on my right hand has been aching for a while. Most of it is from sanding and pressing down on the sanding block. I have been wrapping it in that elastic tape that doesn’t stick to itself because it is easy to take off when necessary. Yesterday I took the wrap off, took a shower and when I got out I wrapped it again. I kept flexing it and bending it with my left hand trying to keep it loose and was surprised at how good it felt . I thought maybe the hot water from the shower had helped and was really feeling good when I noticed i had wrapped my middle finger and not my index finger. Time ro register at the home.
Pass "Go" and get directly to the Home... don't stop to buy "Atlantic Avenue" even though it's cheap. I don't know your age but your definitely having a Senior moment ! Very funny 😂

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
When you hear or read conversations that amount to "And he was like, yeah. And I was like, whatevs. And he said obvs. But basically, you know, like yeah" and it dawns you that things die for a perfectly good reason.
Don't forget, you know, that one thing, you know? "You know" drives me nuts. I dont know, please explain, that's why I asked.

Little kids are getting harder to understand also. I'm not sure if that's me, them, or their parents. Seems like language is losing its importance with the younger generations.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I remember old folks saying that about my generation!! 😂
I was under constant correction. As a child, if I incorrectly used a word or said something wrong an adult would be along to correct me.

That's why I dont know if it's me (not around kids anymore/just too deaf), them (talking too fast and jumbling words), or the parents (too busy to care/dont care enough to correct).

someguy01

I was under constant correction. As a child, if I incorrectly used a word or said something wrong an adult would be along to correct me.

That's why I dont know if it's me (not around kids anymore/just too deaf), them (talking too fast and jumbling words), or the parents (too busy to care/dont care enough to correct).
Speech is mimicking text these days. The kids on summer staff talk in tweets and text speak, not actual sentences. Grammar is unimportant these days, as is being able to spell. In 2021 America, the following is no longer a joke but deemed acceptable: "I ken spehl reel gud"
Punctuation is another overlooked atrocity. The most confusing thing in the world of text/writing is the apostrophe. There are a limited few that actually understand this perplexing little notation and use it correctly. The housing industry has abused that poor little thing for decades, and all the while, incorrectly. It's not "from the $300's" clowns.

Al Strange

I remember this song from when I was a kid (featuring Marcel Marceau on drums); this proves that contrary to what the old folks used to say, we were huge fans of punctuation and sticklers for correcting spelling errors...grammar, we love you!! 😖 😂