You know you’re getting old when...

someguy01

I think we are all wrong so now you gotta prove me wrong. So my hypothesis is "We are all wrong". You have to test this and determine either I'm right or wrong. The null hypothesis is the alternate of that hypothesis "That we are all right". SO if the data indicates that we are all wrong-well my hypothesis is correct and I'm right. If however the null is true- We are all right. And that means I'm right too-which yeah that's what I'm saying we are all wrong I'm glad you ALL agree. ROFL. I can now die in peace-I want a port hole in my casket so my hand can stick out to give the finger to all my attendees. You are all wrong!!!!!
test: are you married?
Yes - you're wrong
No - You're wrong too, no one there to tell you yet.

felonious69

I think we are all wrong so now you gotta prove me wrong. So my hypothesis is "We are all wrong". You have to test this and determine either I'm right or wrong. The null hypothesis is the alternate of that hypothesis "That we are all right". SO if the data indicates that we are all wrong-well my hypothesis is correct and I'm right. If however the null is true- We are all right. And that means I'm right too-which yeah that's what I'm saying we are all wrong I'm glad you ALL agree. ROFL. I can now die in peace-I want a port hole in my casket so my hand can stick out to give the finger to all my attendees. You are all wrong!!!!!
I could be wrong, but I think he's right... even though he's clearly not in his right mind.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Schrödinger's cat? I’m sorry we were one short for anatomy lab so the cat was Wanted Dead or Alive. So the dead cat is alive and well . The Pet cemetery was where he was last scene hanging around a grave that must have been a past owner named King. Maybe it’s Elvis I’m not sure. That Darn Cat! No worries 9 lives so at least 8 more dissections - hopefully nothing is missing. You know if you gave your body for medical school dissection- you have to have all your parts - can’t be missing ovaries or an eye. I’m not sure what you can add- like one fella had “an implant” we discovered. There is a lot of anatomical variation in certain features. Once you get over initial shock it’s pretty cool.

Last edited:

doggyd69b

When I realize that some "Simple" drum parts that I used to play 25 years ago are difficult because of the speed/stamina required to keep them clean and consistent. I can still do it, I just can do it as long as I used to (played for over 4 hrs straight not getting too tired) I can maybe do 1 hr and I feel it.
Also not venturing anywhere without cheater glasses, and yes I have gray hair starting to take over. lucky for me I am still in good shape and can keep up with the mostly fat milenials.

doggyd69b

This current generation (30 something and younger) is definitely softer. My wife who is from SA pointed out how every single American contest tv show always started with a sob story from someone. Americans nowadays have to get empathy by being the victims...that to me is simply pathetic.
I am of the mindset of you can't complain about your life if you are not doing something to make it better. Also if you can have a car as a teenager, buy brand name clothes and basically want for not much, your life doesn't suck.. hell I had to work for an entire week just to get a pair of jeans...

Smoke

Silver Member
I could be wrong, but I think he's right... even though he's clearly not in his right mind.

Might be in his left mind...

I was wrong once, and I'll freely admit it. There was that time I thought I was wrong, but it turned out that I was right. Sigh...

My bride of 41 years may have another version of my memory though. ;)

felonious69

13 years now with my girl and she LOVES the FACT that she found Mr. RIGHT.
She's starting to realize now that my first name is ALWAYS.
(That's what I keep telling myself)

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

just like when I was young, you lost me at the word hypothesis...

hey..I don't feel so old anymore!!!!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

This current generation (30 something and younger) is definitely softer. My wife who is from SA pointed out how every single American contest tv show always started with a sob story from someone. Americans nowadays have to get empathy by being the victims...that to me is simply pathetic.
I am of the mindset of you can't complain about your life if you are not doing something to make it better. Also if you can have a car as a teenager, buy brand name clothes and basically want for not much, your life doesn't suck.. hell I had to work for an entire week just to get a pair of jeans...

dude....don't even get me started...Victim Culture is awful...it used to be 'We The People"...now it is "Woe Is Me, People..." bruh

so about 3 years ago I had a heart attack. I rarely ever bring it up because I don't want all of the "you are a survivor" blah blah blech blech crap. I also sort of hate that culture too...

I am not a survivor...I am a lucky idiot who got myself into the situation with bad decisions about lifestyle. I learned my lesson and moved on.

A POW is a survivor; someone who beat Stage 4 cancer is a survivor; I don't deserve the cred that those types deserve

someguy01

dude....don't even get me started...Victim Culture is awful...it used to be 'We The People"...now it is "Woe Is Me, People..." bruh

so about 3 years ago I had a heart attack. I rarely ever bring it up because I don't want all of the "you are a survivor" blah blah blech blech crap. I also sort of hate that culture too...

I am not a survivor...I am a lucky idiot who got myself into the situation with bad decisions about lifestyle. I learned my lesson and moved on.

A POW is a survivor; someone who beat Stage 4 cancer is a survivor; I don't deserve the cred that those types deserve
I think it's a domino type effect. There is a false sense of entitlement that permeates American society and when that entitlement isn't met at level deemed acceptable by the individual, then they are a victim who didn't get their presumed due.
It really centers around the myth of manifest destiny and the "independence" that drove the westward expansion. I say it's a myth because evidence shows those that made the journey and survived did so because they worked together as community to survive. They were wagon trains, not solo wagons. If they had gone solo, the Apache would have wiped them all out before Samuel Colt was able to do his thing.

I do heckle the kids who work here in the summer when they complain about being tired or sore or blah blah with the same line: "You mean to tell me that this old man with steel plate in his leg, screws holding his ankle together, bad back and hip is tougher than you and gets more done?" "That's a real shame, I'd be embarrassed if I were you."

doggyd69b

I think it's a domino type effect. There is a false sense of entitlement that permeates American society and when that entitlement isn't met at level deemed acceptable by the individual, then they are a victim who didn't get their presumed due.
It really centers around the myth of manifest destiny and the "independence" that drove the westward expansion. I say it's a myth because evidence shows those that made the journey and survived did so because they worked together as community to survive. They were wagon trains, not solo wagons. If they had gone solo, the Apache would have wiped them all out before Samuel Colt was able to do his thing.

I do heckle the kids who work here in the summer when they complain about being tired or sore or blah blah with the same line: "You mean to tell me that this old man with steel plate in his leg, screws holding his ankle together, bad back and hip is tougher than you and gets more done?" "That's a real shame, I'd be embarrassed if I were you."
The current generation has much to be embarrased about like their so called "challenges" the ice bucket challenge, the plank challenge, eating Tide pods. I don't know what kind of retard you have to be to even do that, I knew at a very young age (around 4) that you just don't eat or drink certain things. That cleaning chemicals were not drinkable/edible and that you had to earn what you got. Growing up in a poor family made me become more active in trying to find ways to get the things I wanted. I never expected my mother to get me anything and even if she wanted to she wasn't rich. I don't see this generation surviving the Journey mentioned above. As evidence proves humanity is getting stupider every year.. (things like having sneeze on each other contests at Sturgis) prove that people can't be trusted and that what used to be common sense now has to be explained (and hopefully assimilated) by people. Covid would have been done in 30 days had everyone followed a simple thing: "stay home" but no, everyone felt entitled to their "freedom" and one year later we are still paying the price for their stupidity.. I have lost all faith in humanity.

Last edited: