You know you’re getting old when...

cbphoto

Gold Member
  1. Walking around my home naked, whenever I feel like it.
  2. Eating any meal I want whenever I want, without regret, but with the occasional cautionary hangover.
  3. Telling bandmates, “That song sucks!” without concern about blowback.
  4. Telling my spawn, “pffft. You’ll survive.” whenever they get anxious about something.
  5. Telling my wife, “Damn, you’re fine!” after 33+ years of life together, and meaning it.

JustJames

Platinum Member
1. Going to bed early
2. Not leaving my house
3. Not going to a party

My childhood punishments have become my adult goals.
That is absolute gold!

Oh crap, that means I am old too.

My contribution: my band has a gig on Friday, sharing with 2 other bands, and I am delighted that we are on first because it means I get to play out and not get to bed late!

Rock and roll baby!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
you Know what’s interesting Larry? I ask questions all the time - and not a single time mentioned a pig and all I get is crickets but the dude with chainsaw and pigskin masks gets replies. No worries I don’t plan on quitting or anything drastic. Just an oddservation I figure y’all dont know the answer.

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
I agree that "looking for a metal drummer"-thread should be removed or closed (if thats what is meant)..

I just removed my reply from there, because on second thought the whole thread is not even worth to reply to..

Not sure if thats also making me old (lol), but when i have to search with a microscope to find a little humor in something, i am out..

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Gosh a bunch of old farts and tarts on here. There is some positive things about being old- you don’t have to be PC and can lose all filters - I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to beat up old people, so we got immunity. We get senior discounts, we get respect for all our wisdom...wait drop that one, we are living longer so must be doing something right, we taught the world to sing in perfect harmony, we made music longer than younger people doing it less time, we made better music ( flame suit on), we changed the world in positive ways where young people today are ruining everything (second flame suit on lol). The thread needs a boost.

Timmy

Well, I KNOW I'm old (58). Reminded of this every time come to this site. You kids got my head spinning with all this stuff. Drumming sure got complicated. Just cymbals alone, hell, I don't know what the hell to get. All these choices. Sweetwater is only an hour drive for me. I think I'm gonna drive up there and hang with them for awhile.

Macarina

Silver Member
Hey, this wasn't meant just for us older guys.

I find it quite entertaining with the new young folks in my office discovering they are getting old in their plane of existence. It makes me grin to see them admit this new found revelation.

C'mon, we all have moments of getting old... at any age.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Hey, this wasn't meant just for us older guys.

I find it quite entertaining with the new young folks in my office discovering they are getting old in their plane of existence. It makes me grin to see them admit this new found revelation.

C'mon, we all have moments of getting old... at any age.
I'm 43, so I'm in between right now. I've noticed some things though. It's not uncommon now for me to have difficulty putting my socks on. WTF? Not that long ago I could put my palms on the floor while standing.