You know you’re getting old when...

someguy01

I can confirm I regard one of my spatulas as a favourite, just as I have a number of seemingly benign domestic objects I regard as favourites - things that clearly would not be on the radar of a 21 year old Andy :(
I have a preferred skillet. I know of what you speak.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I can confirm I regard one of my spatulas as a favourite, just as I have a number of seemingly benign domestic objects I regard as favourites - things that clearly would not be on the radar of a 21 year old Andy :(

I will only use the tongs that were given to me years ago when a restaurant that I was the kitchen manager of closed down. I HATE the tongs that lock themselves...in ANY way...

I also got a full set of restaurant quality teflon pans, and a few big metal grill flippers...we all divied up a lot of the utensils b/c they were just going to pitch them all. Also got some of the cool clear fish shaped plates, and some of the big rocks glasses from the bar

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
My youngest daughter wanted to be a chef for a few years-really got into it and bought all kinds of cool and helpful gadgets- I grew to love. When she grew up and out she took all her stuff with her - yet my wife snd I keep thinking we have it all and tear up kitchen looking for it or accusing the other they didn’t pack it in our recent move. Anyways I have my special fry pan and a spatula I use to make my three eggs I’ve eaten about every day of my life.

I love eggs and never tire of them. My wife says she wants “variety” in breakfast. I tell her don’t give me any ideas lol. I have Friends with chickens and that one of my sources so it isn’t a flavorless store bought one- I’ll eat store bought too though. Now my kick is three eggs in my lil pan turn gas on high and add a big handful of sharp cheddar, cook a bit, then flip with my special spatula and cook and sear the cheese to a crust. It’s a year of this one everyday. Usually I change fried or scrabbled. When I scramble I cook whites and keep yolks whole and moving around. Then when whites cooked I bust yolks and mix up to serve immediately. Yummy - my cholesterol and lipoprotein profile excellent- likely all due to genetics though. You can’t beat eggs, well I guess you can just like drums. That must be why I like eggs.You can’t beat drums or eggs but yes you can. Wow.
I am the egg man Coo Coo Cachoo

Last edited:

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
When:

1. Your kid asks to stop at the liquor store on the way home, and

2. You no longer have a desire to participate in the drunkenness

- You know you’re getting old when you tell kids to get off your lawn and it's not actually your lawn.
- You know you’re getting old when you begin a sentence and as you get to the end of it you can't even remember where you put the car keys and what's good on TV tonight? Maybe I should call President Eisenhower to help me out because he always makes a great cheese cake which today's kids know nothing about.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I think we are all wrong so now you gotta prove me wrong. So my hypothesis is "We are all wrong". You have to test this and determine either I'm right or wrong. The null hypothesis is the alternate of that hypothesis "That we are all right". SO if the data indicates that we are all wrong-well my hypothesis is correct and I'm right. If however the null is true- We are all right. And that means I'm right too-which yeah that's what I'm saying we are all wrong I'm glad you ALL agree. ROFL. I can now die in peace-I want a port hole in my casket so my hand can stick out to give the finger to all my attendees. You are all wrong!!!!!

I think we are all wrong so now you gotta prove me wrong. So my hypothesis is "We are all wrong". You have to test this and determine either I'm right or wrong. The null hypothesis is the alternate of that hypothesis "That we are all right". SO if the data indicates that we are all wrong-well my hypothesis is correct and I'm right. If however the null is true- We are all right. And that means I'm right too-which yeah that's what I'm saying we are all wrong I'm glad you ALL agree. ROFL. I can now die in peace-I want a port hole in my casket so my hand can stick out to give the finger to all my attendees. You are all wrong!!!!!

You kill me Art ?. One usually is under the influence of hallucinogenics for a thought process such as this , or to understand it lol ?. Which is scary to me because I understood it! Or maybe I’m wrong and I didn’t , in which case, by your hypothesis I’m actually right and I did , or maybe it still really means I’m wrong??‍♂️ ? Maybe I’m right and wrong at the same time ??.Either way , your posts are often if not sometimes painfully though provoking ???. And always make me laugh ??