You know you’re getting old when...

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Wow Larry I couldn't change into my Superman and Dr Who outfit with the loss of telephone booths. Looks like I'm back in business. I bet people have been calling and I haven't been their to answer the call. Looks like it's in the middle of an open field. That's good someone will need binoculars to see me change.
It's actually right in front of a vintage hotel and directly across the road from a civil war battlefield entrance. The building in the background is a bank. Everyone would see you change. That could either be good or bad depending on your perspective and that of the viewer ?.

someguy01

...you remember when you had a cable box and you learned how to rig it to get all the channels.
You learned how to use your father's Heathkit Oscilliscope to straighten out the the filtering on the channels you didn't pay for.

wraub

...I just used a piece of wire. :D

You learned how to use your father's Heathkit Oscilliscope to straighten out the the filtering on the channels you didn't pay for.

someguy01

I was doing some remodel work on an empty apartment once and found the (old), inline HBO, Showtime and Movie Channel filters... the ones that just screwed into the line and descrambled... JACKPOT!
That's what I used the oscilloscope to make :D

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I agree, though I'd start with the electronic babysitter - the TV set. While it primed the pump for the cell phone, it's a lot safer while driving! :D
I dunno. Ever been behind a minivan with tvs in the headrests and a movie is on? I cant stop looking at it.

moodman

You know you've gotten old when your Grandpa would be 156, (Whit Lakins b1865, married late in life) your Dad would be 113, (Ira Moody b1908) your first 2 homes had outhouses and you were born at home in a 2 room log cabin.
(I was born in 1946. My Dad, a lineman, spent the war years working as a part of mass electrification projects taking place then. He and my Mom traveled to different jobs in his Whippet auto towing a homemade camping trailer. They came back to the family farm and stayed in the cabin after the war while he built a house)

Last edited:

Skyking

I know I'm getting old when I can't get through "Wipeout" without dropping the sticks or just collapsing on the floor. It's my benchmark or at least it used to be.