You know you’re getting old when...

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I know I'm personally getting old when the set pictured in the "Drum set finish yay or nay" thread...inspires me to take a cordless drill with a 1" spade bit, and drill out both of my eyeballs. Then I would have to wire brush the empty, bloodied, eye sockets with Drano for good measure before the eye jelly dried. I'll have to do that by feel, so I'll set up the wire brush and Drano before drilling and get it all ready.

I try to never let a humor opportunity go by unattended :)

Last edited:

SomeBadDrummer

You remember watching Wide World of Sports just to see "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat." I always wondered about the agony of defeat guy, and as of now, I know! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinko_Bogataj

Oh, another one - cataracts.
Yes, the WWof Sports was a weekly thing to be watched, not some 24/7 rerun of neverending games. It was special. And the skier crashing was definitely worth the price of admission each week!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

It seemed like there were dozens of TRS-80 models. Confusing and crazy. Maybe like where Sonor seems to be heading with its AQs and SQs!!!

yep...but it is crazy to think where that all took us...had my "Trash 80" until I got my first Mac IIe in 87, and never looked back

felonious69

Not a kit. It's the Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 100 from 1983. It came with an astonishing 8kB of RAM, expandable up to 32kB! All the RAM you would ever need. ;)
I miss Radio Shack...a place you could actually go to and find transistors, pots, resistors, diodes... all kinds of stuff...and very good selection with part number cross reference availability.

wraub

When sex is a thing you remember instead of anticipate.

wraub

Definitely missed.

I miss Radio Shack...a place you could actually go to and find transistors, pots, resistors, diodes... all kinds of stuff...and very good selection with part number cross reference availability.

wraub

someguy01

You only use one snare at a time and it doesn't have a splash on it.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I know I'm personally getting old when the set pictured in the "Drum set finish yay or nay" thread...inspires me to take a cordless drill with a 1" spade bit, and drill out both of my eyeballs. Then I would have to wire brush the empty, bloodied, eye sockets with Drano for good measure before the eye jelly dried. I'll have to do that by feel, so I'll set up the wire brush and Drano before drilling and get it all ready.

I try to never let a humor opportunity go by unattended :)
Forstner bits would do a cleaner job.

felonious69

Good tip Johnny. The kind of drilling that I do in electrical work, Forstner bits are way too slow.

But for eye sockets, what can I say, brilliant.
Diamond polish bits with increasingly fine grit would also leave a nice "gloss" on the bone and really make your eyes (sockets) light up!

ArtAnt

You know you’re getting old when after getting out of bed, it gets dark in your eyes and every morning you find one wrinkle on yourself.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I dont understand some names anymore. The days of Bob and Susan are gone. On the news last night, I found out that one of the starting pitchers for the UofA baseball team is named Zebulon Vermillion. WTF is that?!? Now I'm not making fun of his name, but I dont get it. That's not the name of a human. Maybe a space probe, a laser gun, a distant galaxy. Names keep getting weirder and weirder.

And company names with intentional misspellings to seem tough, or street, or whatever. I'm not gonna hire anyone with the word boyz, pawz, dawg, or any other blatant grammatical error regardless of reputation. If you cant spell, or think spelling is not important, I question your work ethic as well.

And then there is the problem of our language being reduced to text speak. One should not say LOL but then not laugh.

Now GOML!

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Diamond polish bits with increasingly fine grit would also leave a nice "gloss" on the bone and really make your eyes (sockets) light up!
Not a bad idea. I was thinking of fashioning my own eyeballs out of black marbles and installing red led's so I look like T2. I would probably be using the polished bone for more casual occasions. But a capital idea for sure!