You get in your car

I wonder how much our parents said the same thing about Scooby Doo, Fat Albert, Sesame Street etc...

I don't remember kids programming being as negative back then...but then again, there was Tom and Jerry and the Looney Toons stuff - which I love - but admit that it was pretty violent, racist etc...and that was from 2 generations before me

I also know that my parents were ALWAYS reminding me that all fo that stuff was fake...
Loony tunes was a bunch of harmless cat and mouse chasing stuff. Scooby Doo always had some mystery and a little bit of fear, but the bad guy always ended up getting caught in the end so everything was alright. I loved Speed Racer, Ultraman, the world of Sid and Marty Croft, Danger Island, the Flintstones as a kid. I haven’t watched any of those in decades, and they probably had their own issues with misogyny, racism and sexism. Perhaps I’m naive, but I’d be shocked if any of those 60’s-70’s shows had anywhere near the corruption that Disney employed.
This is a great snare line btw

I don't remember kids programming being as negative back then...but then again, there was Tom and Jerry and the Looney Toons stuff - which I love - but admit that it was pretty violent, racist etc...and that was from 2 generations before me
Leave it to Beaver is on in the morning where I live. My wife and I watch it sometimes because modern tv sucks in the morning. Good ol wholesome Leave it to Beaver constantly references beatings and whoopings, as well as calling people stupid, idiots, and morons.

Loony tunes was a bunch of harmless cat and mouse chasing stuff. Scooby Doo always had some mystery and a little bit of fear, but the bad guy always ended up getting caught in the end so everything was alright. I loved Speed Racer, Ultraman, the world of Sid and Marty Croft, Danger Island, the Flintstones as a kid. I haven’t watched any of those in decades, and they probably had their own issues with misogyny, racism and sexism. Perhaps I’m naive, but I’d be shocked if any of those 60’s-70’s shows had anywhere near the corruption that Disney employed.

yep...I think more of the negativity was behind the scenes if there was any...work place stuff

This is a great snare line btw

yep...those guys -and that style of rudimental playing (Basel style/Swiss rudimental playing) - pretty much influenced a lot of what modern drum corps has been doing since the 70's...my studets will show me some "new cool visuals" that they saw, and then I just show them these guys

This is the precise reason I don't listen to the radio anymore. WAY too many commercials and crappy tunes. Once an hour maybe something I really wanted to listen to was on 1 of 5 stations I regularly listened to. I have USB drives or SD cards for my car stereos, I load them up with stuff I like listening to all the time, problem solved.

You turn the radio on and you can't turn the channel fast enough IF who's playing?..for me it's Styx..George thoroughgood..90%of Lynard Skynard..or Triumph. Theres more but these are standouts. No..its not a they suck thread..some music I just can't do..ill get depressed.
My car decided that I dont get the radio anymore. Or more precisely, the bumpy ass dirt road shorted out my radio last week and it stopped working, as did my clock. I'll put in a new one eventually. Right now my soundtrack is the wind.

This is the precise reason I don't listen to the radio anymore. WAY too many commercials and crappy tunes. Once an hour maybe something I really wanted to listen to was on 1 of 5 stations I regularly listened to. I have USB drives or SD cards for my car stereos, I load them up with stuff I like listening to all the time, problem solved.
100%
I live in AZ, yet I listen to a station in Philadelphia every morning. Then SiriusXM the rest of the day.

Back