You get in your car

Ted Nugent - because of his politics. I'm not willingly going to add one cent to his royalties cheque if I can help it.

Rush - I can't handle Geddy's whiney voice.

I hit the dial 90% of the time I start my truck, but I have a sanity rule: Only 3 skips allowed. After the third, I must listen to that song (until completion) even if my ears bleed.
Some people have found that the more one listens to something unfamiliar or unliked, it can begin to grow on one's self. If you were trapped in a room with only one album to play and it was, say, a collection of songs that make your ears bleed, with enough listening you might find that those same songs were music to the ears. Or go insane.

Ted Nugent - because of his politics. I'm not willingly going to add one cent to his royalties cheque if I can help it.

Found this 3 1/2' by 4 1/2 ' poster in the basement recently, this used to hang on the wall in my bedroom/drumroom in the 80's. I paid for it long ago (copyright date is 1978). I was thinking about hanging it up again...but probably won't.

Attachments

• Gonzo.jpg
    Gonzo.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 4
I am with you in this lonely place!!!

I would add The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springstien**, any pop music written after 1990, all hip hop, and any thing with the vocal pitch corrector in it

luckily, I never have to listen to the radio b/c of Spotify

** I used to work in a kitchen back in the early 90's, and our chef HATED Springstein...with a passion. He had a rule: if a Springstien song came on the radio, and it was on for longer than 5 seconds, whoever was closest to the radio got fired. This happened to 2 different people in the 5 years I worked there...
You said it!
That pitch correction b....t drives me up the freakin' wall!
To the best of my limited knowledge, no one talks or sings that way!

I was a happy subscriber to XM Radio many moons ago until they dropped a few of their stations that I loved.
There was a strange, metallic sounding coloration to the sound at times, too.

agree with the Nugent thing, but Rush is my most fav band, so can't agree with the second one

but I get how people don't like his voice. I feel the same way about Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springstein and Roy Orbison just to name a few...

You said it!
That pitch correction b....t drives me up the freakin' wall!
To the best of my limited knowledge, no one talks or sings that way!

I was a happy subscriber to XM Radio many moons ago until they dropped a few of their stations that I loved.
There was a strange, metallic sounding coloration to the sound at times, too.

that is why the people who use it do.... they can't sing....

I mostly listen to my own curated playlist with my phone hooked up to the stereo. The only radio stations I can stand are the local jazz station and the local “community” station. The jazz one I hit the dial when they play easy listening or holiday music. The community one I dial out when they’re talking too much, especially about like neighborhood zoning or school budgets.

I unironically love mariachi.

I mostly listen to my own curated playlist with my phone hooked up to the stereo. The only radio stations I can stand are the local jazz station and the local “community” station. The jazz one I hit the dial when they play easy listening or holiday music. The community one I dial out when they’re talking too much, especially about like neighborhood zoning or school budgets.

I unironically love mariachi.

yeah, the only time the radio is on in the car is for the morning commute show on Q-FM-96 in C-bus, or sports...

Some people have found that the more one listens to something unfamiliar or unliked, it can begin to grow on one's self. If you were trapped in a room with only one album to play and it was, say, a collection of songs that make your ears bleed, with enough listening you might find that those same songs were music to the ears. Or go insane.
My max-skip rule went into place when my daughter began never finishing a song. By the time she was 13 it became irritating. We really enjoyed it, too. Gambling and guessing what song was next and whether or not we liked it. Sometimes the #3 tune was “not appreciated” but we would listened to it anyway.

I haven't turned on my car radio in years!

My max-skip rule went into place when my daughter began never finishing a song. By the time she was 13 it became irritating. We really enjoyed it, too. Gambling and guessing what song was next and whether or not we liked it. Sometimes the #3 tune was “not appreciated” but we would listened to it anyway.
Now it makes sense, family matters make everything more meaningful even some things that others will never understand. Rock on.

I listen to strictly sports talk radio ... if they are talking about baseball I go straight to some music on my phone.

Rick Astley, CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd Grateful Dead, Hendrix, Joplin, Cher, Celine Dion, Michael Bolton, Billie Eilish, Most Rap, Death Metal or Blue Grass, and newer soleless Pop.

Running for cover....

Back