YOU decide what I buy

805Drummer

Gold Member
First of all, side snare appreciation is subjective, and 805 seemed to like the DDrum.

I own the same throne, and it works great for me. 805 and I are, after all, teenagers.

The red-on-chrome is steel, and in the SX series. the b-on-b is mahogany/maple blend, and in the 805 series, I think.
Yes, but like someone said, I think I'd rather save my back for when I'm 30 or 40...

And they're both the 805 series, just different colors.

But I'm going to Guitar Center now, so wish me luck!

805Drummer

Gold Member
UPDATE!

I just came back from Guitar Center, and I have good news and bad news:

Good news: I got a pair of Joey Jordison Ahead sticks (I didn't buy because it had his name on it), that I really like. Much more costly, but also more durable, and pretty nimble too!

My dad also kindly bought me an Evans Torque key, which should make tuning much easier.

BAD/GOOD news: They had a Roc N Soc Lunar Throne. All in all, it was amazing: comfortable, durable, and better than the Pork Pie in many ways (especially the Nitro Gas Lift). But they only had the black with black hardware one, so...

I just ordered the red and black one from Cascio! $150, and I cannot WAIT!

805Drummer

Gold Member
]

nice man, im a teen too and im thinking of getting a good throne too, i think youll be happy
Thanks!

I highly recommend this one. At the store, I sat on the Roc n Soc, then the Pork Pie, and several other thrones. This was the most comfortable for me. It was funny though...when using the nitro lift, I'm so light, that it wouldn't even go down! haha

Last edited:
UPDATE!

I just came back from Guitar Center, and I have good news and bad news:

Good news: I got a pair of Joey Jordison Ahead sticks (I didn't buy because it had his name on it), that I really like. Much more costly, but also more durable, and pretty nimble too!

My dad also kindly bought me an Evans Torque key, which should make tuning much easier.

BAD/GOOD news: They had a Roc N Soc Lunar Throne. All in all, it was amazing: comfortable, durable, and better than the Pork Pie in many ways (especially the Nitro Gas Lift). But they only had the black with black hardware one, so...

I just ordered the red and black one from Cascio! $150, and I cannot WAIT!

Hey, I have those same sticks, for the same reasons and likewise love 'em!

razorx

Platinum Member
I've been playing with these sticks all afternoon, and I have to say: These are probably the best drumsticks ever. Not only do they feel GREAT, but they improve my playing A LOT.

Now if only my throne would hurry up!
If you find yourself dropping them like crazy get some grip tape or gloves.