Yo what pedals are you guys rocking?

I've been playing the same DW 5000 (which I bought used, covered in dust for $50) since 2005.

Switch on and off between these three.
Currently the middle Tama pedal . Not sure of the model names of these . Two tama and a pearl from the 80’s.
If anyone knows what model name they are I’d like to know as I’ve long forgotten .

Currently looking for a used double , but gotta get into a store to try some out to see what I like .

19E4B838-5C19-40E3-B9C2-C39AD9700CE6.jpeg

A4ADB37A-0861-4050-90E2-9B7419506365.jpeg

F004AFB1-B7F2-4196-BF53-A9CE8E3F647D.jpeg

And oh, that’s an 80’s zildjian 18 China I’ve had since new. Mixes surprisingly well with my paiste 2002’s

Trick Pro 1v, axis longboards, pearl eliminators. All doubles, but I can't really be bothered to play double kick anymore so I usually just use the trick or axis master pedal as a single.

I really didn't feel too much of a problem moving from chain driven to direct drive
I also went from Iron Cobras (used them for around 15 years) to a long-board DD pedal (Trick Pro1-V Bigfoot) and it only took me a few days to get used to them.
Pictish symbols engraved on the footplates for good measure
Looks amazing!
Can't believe how well engineered these pedals are though!
I would love to try some out, but there aren't many of them floating around in my neck of the woods.

The one in the middle is a mid 80's Pro-Beat. The one on the left is also a Pro-Beat, but the late 80's/early 90's model. I'm pretty sure the Iron Cobra was the immediate successor to the Pro-Beat pedals.

Thanks . Appreciate it 👍🏼.

Found some internet pics. I think the pearl is the p 880 .

I have the double pedal chain drive version DFP9500C. Great pedal!View attachment 116631

And two FP9415 Direct Drive

View attachment 116632
I love Yamaha as a company - such a strange range of products they produce...all to a high standard it would appear! My first kit as a child was a classy looking piano black Yamaha YD entry level kit. Sounded great and just loved the simple but solid hardware! I've always fancied looking at their higher end pedals, just for that beautiful logo!

Reactions: RVN
Thank you, I am a high school History teacher and come from the east coast of Scotland, so the Pictish symbols were a natural choice!
I’m from the middle of nowhere USA but my cousin is from near Glasgow so I’ve always had an interest in the culture over there. He just did a road trip across the north not too long ago.

Pearl Eliminator Redline belt drive.

Back