Yo what pedals are you guys rocking?

Theoretically I have two different pedals, a Pearl 2000B and a DW 5002 TD4. For the sake of being easier to transport I will use the 2000B again on my future E-Drum I’ll use to practice at Home.

Pearl Eliminator Redline beltdrives, both a double pedal (w/Trick driveshaft) and two singles. Really like them, a lot of tweaking options and a very good feel to them. Not saying they are the best, but it's hard to find other pedals with the same amount of options (switching between beltdrive and chain is a breeze, different cams etc.).Unless they start to break all of a sudden I can't imagine changing them out.
I have the old Eliminator and plan on switching the Beater. Do you know if a Tama Iron Cobra Beater fits in there?

That's my criterion for a good pedal - it has to react to my foot. The Drumnetics did that perfectly, and now I remember why I sent it back: the clamp for the bass drum hoop had a very poor grip and twisted off the hoop while playing. they engineered a new clamp but that didn't work well either, so I sent the whole thing back. When it was returned to me, all of my finely-tuned magnet positions had been reset, and I wasn't able to get it back to a workable pedal. I actually pulled it off the drum between sets on a gig and put my spare pedal on. The guys at the company weren't happy, and neither was I.

It's too bad... if they hadn't messed with the pedal, I'd be using and probably endorsing it today.

Yeah.. it's a odd pedal to setup.. i found that the magnet on the underside of the pedal gets really weird results that seem counter intuitive, and having it set to the lightest pressure seems to actually stick to my foot better than the higher settings which i tried cause common sense...

P.S. i know what you mean bout the clamp.. i have bad technique and play with twitch/swivel/slide all mixed together and the pedal would twist to the left on me.. i ended up putting grip tape (like for skateboards) under the pedal and it made it stick to the carpet better. (Honestly, there is no reason a carpet spike counldn't be easily added, under the footboard and out of the way)

BUT i got into the habit of having my snare stands leg against it anyway.. so it doesn't move. i forgot bout all that til now.

Yamaha Flying Dragon.

My old reliable Yamaha up for a little care...

View attachment 106812
That thing looks in pristine shape. No clue what ever possessed me to sell mine, but it kicked off several years of buying, tinkering with non-stop, selling over and over, just to end up right back to lower end Yamaha pedals again. Total number of tinkering since = 1 (spring). When they work, there's just no obsessing over them. Drop it down, clamp it and forget it's there.

Yamaha 8500B is what I've been using for many years. Swapped out the beater with a DW Airweight and love the response and feel.

I've tried various chain driver and never found one I like. Never tried a direct drive. They are out of my price range.

20210730_145458.jpg20210730_145513.jpg

The 252’s were beasts. I played a pair of 1990’s 253’s (chain drive) for a good 10 years! Gigged the heck out of them and they were as good as new when I sold them! :D (y)
fastest pedal ive played! the strap drive mk1 version i have is a rapid thing! <3

For a long time the IC Flexi Drive was my favorite, then the Speed Cobra won me over, and I’ve been using it for I guess two or three years. I like the action of the SC, but I would like to find something less bulky and less squeaky. Definitely considering a strap drive mod for the SC. But keeping my eye out for options.

Tama Iron Cobra is the best I’ve ever played

Attachments

• BEA28488-8E7C-4737-A194-F372D1A15A2B.jpeg
    BEA28488-8E7C-4737-A194-F372D1A15A2B.jpeg
    451.7 KB · Views: 4
Back